Chapter 35- Hooligans

Comincia dall'inizio

"Rowena," he said quietly, a small smile tugging at the ends of his lips. "Shut up." I let out a soft laugh before meeting his lips in a kiss.

He pulled away after a moment, ready to ask a question. "So on a scale of one to ten, how much do you think he hates me?"

"Probably a lot of tens," I said when I pulled back. I smiled at the face he made. "I'm kidding. Just give him some time, he'll come around. Plus, my mom already likes you and she'll force him to get along with you until he doesn't have to fake it anymore."

"Yeah, your mom's cool."

"Mhm," I agreed. Which reminded me. "How is it with your dad in town?"

He let out a sigh. "Can't tell. He hasn't been around much."

"Any updates on that whole 'he's-hiding-a-secret-from-me' thing?"

"Can't tell, he hasn't been around much." I rolled my eyes at his response. "Nah, he'll be around tomorrow. I can finally grill him about it then."

"I don't know though," He continued. "I've seen him only a handful of times since he's been in town. He's always looking so exhausted. I think his job's been taking a lot out of him."

"I hope he likes his job at least. What does he do again?" I don't think Declan's ever told me now that I think of it.

"He owns a chain of hotels, personally manages a few of them."

"Woah," was my only response.

"Mhm," he hummed, then something across my room caught his attention. "Rowena is that a fucking turtle on your desk?"

"Yeah!" I replied, jumping up from the bed and walking over to my new pet. "His name is Angelo, I got him for my birthday."

"What do you do with a turtle?" He asked as he crouched beside me, watching Angelo sleep.

"Mm, feed them. Let him out to explore. Watch him eat a watermelon. You should hear his little crunching, it's so cute."

We sat there for a little while, watching as Angelo woke up and slowly made his way over to his water bowl.

"Let's teach him how to play fetch," Declan said. I tried to argue with him, but I saw the potential in how cool of a turtle Angelo could be.

So after about half an hour of unsuccessfully teaching my new turtle how to play fetch, Declan and I went downstairs, at the great risk of seeing dad again, and tried to launch whipped cream off the back of our hands and into our mouths.

Mom went out to have a girl's night with Cyrus's mom, so Cyrus was coming over soon. We decided to call Adam and Natalie over too and make it a group thing.

Adam came inside the house looking around. The first thing he saw in the kitchen was the can of whipped cream and raised an eyebrow at it. "Were you guys getting freaky without me?"

"Oh, fuck no," Dad cursed under his breath as he came into the kitchen. "Who the hell is this kid?"

"Well dad, you're going to spend about half an hour with Adam here before you realize how much you actually appreciate Declan."

"At your service," Adam gave a salute with a smile.

"Cyrus," Dad called out after rolling his eyes. "Did you two make any normal friends at this new school of yours?"

"They're not all that bad. Plus, there's Natalie," Cyrus shrugged.

"Here's Natalie," She introduced herself as she walked into the kitchen, giving dad a startle. "Row said to walk in, I hope that was okay with you Mr. Salone."

I noticed she had covered her bruised cheek with a fresh coat of makeup.

"That's fine," Dad replied, looking back at the door like he was looking for something.

"That's it for tonight dad. No one else is coming."

"Thank god," He let his shoulders sag. "I thought I was going to babysit a whole damn zoo."

"Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo," Adam started mindlessly singing while helping himself to exactly two slices of bread. "Hey, Row, you got any strawberry jam?"

"Refrigerator door. Right side, top shelf."

"I'll be in my room. Don't break anything, don't set the house on fire, no running with scissors." Dad turned his back as he left for his room.

"Sir, what if I have a friend named Scissors?" Adam asked.

"Then he's not invited, don't ask me stupid questions. Rowena, your friends are hooligans, do better next time. Natalie, you're alright."

Natalie gave a small proud smile to herself as he closed the door behind him.

"I can't believe he called me a hooligan," Cyrus said.

"It's not the most insulting thing I've been called," Adam shrugged.

"I literally said nothing," Declan complained.

A/N: Happy Friday you guys (technically it's Saturday now, but I haven't slept yet so it doesn't count)

I just wanted to let you guys know that I read pretty much all of your comments and I reply to a lot of them in my head but forgot to actually reply smh. I do this a lot with texts too, Idk how I still have friends tbh.

Till next time (: ❤️