T͏H͏I͏R͏T͏E͏E͏N͏

En başından başla

"Well, look who's a good sport," Henry praised him in a sort of mocking way, to which Alec blushed and looked away.

Lyra took a deep breath. "Alright, let's go," She motioned for them all to scatter.

And they each turned in different directions before walking away from each other.

Right when Lyra turned the corner, her destination being the study room where the piano was, she almost bumped into Jace as he came from the other side. The two of them froze while looking at each other in surprise.

She didn't know why she chose to come here, not really anyway. It was the only place she could think of that wasn't going to be occupied in her mind. She figured she could get some time alone to think.

They haven't talked in a while. Seeing him now made her stomach all fluttery.

Jace glanced at the room, more so at the piano, before he shook his head. He turned to leave.

"Wait." Lyra stepped forward with a sudden urgency. She was relieved when he stopped, but his back was still turned to her. "Can you wait a second? I want to talk to you," She admitted nervously.

He looked at her over his shoulder. His expression unreadable as always. "I have to finish some reports," He quickly reminded.

Lyra frowned and glanced at the room. "Then why did you come here?" She asked.

Jace huffed, "I don't know." He turned to leave again. But Lyra was quick in darting forward and blocking his path. He stopped before he ran her small frame over and his eyes falling down to her unimpressed. "Lyra..." He tried to sound annoyed.

"I'm not moving until you talk to me," Lyra remained firm. She even had her arms barricaded out so he couldn't weasel his way passed her.

"We're talking. See," He fired back while motioning between them, "Great talk. Can I go now?"

Her frown became more prominent. "That's not what I meant and you know it. You've been avoiding me ever since the mission," She argued, though her voice wasn't angry sounding. It sounded more hurt than anything.

Jace caught it. And his eyes softened for the briefest of seconds, but turned unreadable again. He cursed under his breath then looked up and down the hallway, before gripping her hand. She stumbled into the study room after him, and he didn't let go until he had closed the door behind them to give some privacy.

The sun rays bled into the room, casting something of an afternoon glow. It was quite beautiful since the stained glass windows brought in a multitude of colors that decorated their bodies and the walls around them.

Lyra would never get tired of how beautiful this place was compared to her own Institute.

Jace turned to her after a few moments. His jaw clenched. He ran a stressed hand through his blond hair, ruffling it up messily.

And Lyra found herself blushing while watching him.

"You don't get it." Jace began which brought her out of her daze. "When you fell through that floor and down into the basement, it's because we were messing around. We weren't focused on the mission. I wasn't focused and because of it, you got hurt and it could have been worse," He pointed out in a stern tone.