'Wait, summon the titans... If he screams now, this place will be swarming with pure titans! Pyxis... Nile... Falco!'

You nervously looked around, desperately trying to assess the situation at hand, forcing your brain to squeeze out some sort of plan that would benefit the brothers without the use of mindless titans. You had nothing...

"Wait! Please wait!". You focused your attention on the voice, and jumped over to the next roof so you'd be able to have a clear view of the person speaking.

A boy just a few years younger than you came running with Falco in hand. They had very similar features.

"It's Falco! He drank some of your spinal fluid! Please don't scream! Mister Zeke, please, I beg you!", he screamed at the top of his lungs.

'That must be his brother'

"You know about me, don't you?! I'm inheriting the Beast so they won't send my family to heaven!", he continued to scream at Zeke's Titan.

"Brother, let me go!", Falco yelled terrified.

'If Zeke screams now, his brother will be caught in the explosion of Falco's shifting!'

"I never knew what you were thinking, even before you betrayed us! But the Zeke I knew wouldn't drag kids into this! Mister Zeke! I won't tell you to just take this lying down! I just want you to wait until Falco is outside the range of your scream!". The sheer panic in his voice had your chest tighten and heart sink.

"Slaughter each other all you want after that! Marleyans, Eldians, kill as many as you'd like! Just please, don't drag my little brother into this!". You spotted Gabi closing in, riding a horse.

"Falco, get on! Hurry!"

"Gabi! Stay away!", Falco was panicked.

"Colt", Zeke finally spoke again. "You care for your little brother... As do I". Your hands tightened around your pistols. This didn't sound promising at all.

"Mister Zeke—"

"So it is... truly a shame..."

You took a hurried step forward, pure instinct kicking in. But there was nothing you could've done to prevent his excruciating scream now ringing across town, and further inside the walls. You didn't even cover your ears, sole focus on the pair of brothers right below you. Colt clung to his brother, refusing to leave his side.

"It's okay Falco..."

"Hey! You need to get away from him!", you screamed with all you might, hoping he'd miraculously listen to a mere stranger such as yourself. You felt your heartbeat pounding in your ears, watching him stay right were he was. "Please! You'll die!", you screamed again, tears now filling at the brim of your eyes. You didn't know why you felt the urge to protect this marleyan soldier and so easily kill the other ones. But you recognised the despair and desperation he showed trying to protect his only family. You don't care who he is, he doesn't deserve to die like this, just as Falco doesn't deserve the fate awaiting him.

Colt only looked up at you for a mere second, Falco too, the two of you exchanging a look of terror.

"Let go! Colt, please!", Falco begged him, even trying to push him off, but to no avail.

"Y/N!", Marco suddenly appeared by your side, yanking you up from where you where crouching down on your knees, leaning over the edge to be able to be heard by the brothers. "We need to get out of here and get someplace high! This place will be crawling with titans any minute now!".

"B-but..", you gave him a desperate look before turning to look down below again, and as he followed your gaze his eyes widened.

"Your big brother will never leave your side!", Colt cried out, hugging Falco even tighter.