Chapter 55: Tempest vs Holy knights Part 1

Kufufufufu

The demon let out a wicked laugh.

Spreading its bat-like wings.

Descending in the group of the knights.

It was an interpretation of the incarnation of evil.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Now let us begin the test—Whether you are formidable or not to be my opponents... Lord Rimuru has tasked me with this wonderful job feel honored"

Witnessing the immediate introduction of an Archdemon in front of them.

The holy knights scattered and went in a defensive formation.

The situation cannot be more fortunate in the favor of knights when you observe it from a different viewpoint. The Archdemons are the greatest threat to the knights based on their intel. And even though their information tells them that there are 4 Archdemons spotted in Tempest vs Falmus war it was clear there are no other Archdemons approaching the area.

Arnauld the leader of the unit which Diablo approached. Arnauld wore an ear-to-ear smile.

Confident he will come out victorious.

The knights already defeated Archdemons in the past and with proper execution and meticulous devising the Holy knight always came out on top even against Archdemons.

"Don't be afraid!"

Arnauld rises, rallying his troops

"Even though it's an Archdemon it's no threat to us! save all of our resources in establishing the barrier as Lady Hinata plans... 2 sub-leaders will support me! while the rest will place the barrier"

Arnauld confidently entered a graceful battle stance. 

With Arnauld facing Diablo... the other knights dispersed thus entering a pentagon-shaped formation, attempting to cast the barrier.

Diablo neither tried to interfere or to even mind them.

With the Hinata's plan going unexpectedly well.

Arnauld began to talk trash, lofty, implying they are already the victor. 

"You are surprisingly calm Archdemon."

Arnauld provoked—  unconcerned and collected— Diablo answered.

"Kufu—fufu... that's right. Perhaps why am I calm?"

Diablo just happily answered. In reality, Diablo was feeling ecstatic. Up until now, Diablo's tasks are espionage and lurked behind the scenes. But this time he has tasked a spectacular job and on top of it, he was able to stand on the same battlefield his master was attending. Diablo's sentiments were only packed with gratefulness, not anger.

Uncanny with Diablo's statements even the First Class knights cannot help but question. "Oi do you not have any plans on interrupting us?"

Arnauld muttered.

Still overjoyed Diablo answered. 

"Why would I do such a terrible thing, you are all working hard, I will not interrupt you"

Humiliated with Diablo's response.

Arnauld's temper began to boil

Their unit is the human's strongest force. Just 5 of them can take on a common Archdemon.

"I had enough! this Archdemon is too impudent! I have enough of mortification."

That was Arnauld's thought process.