In a way, Y/N was glad he was dead. She could finally live in peace without his constant shouting and outbursts. But, without her mother, what more was there to live for?

The front door of the abode came crashing down, officers filing into the house. Y/N fell to her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks.

It felt like an eternity before somebody finally found her. He called for his co-workers before rushing over to Y/N.

"Hey, kid, are you okay?" He kneeled down and gently grabbed her shoulders, concerned. Y/N lifted her head, staring at him. She opened her mouth to speak, but only a strangled sob came out.

"Oh, you poor thing." He hugged her close, comforting her. Y/N cried into his shirt, her emotions overflowing.

"He... he killed my mama... and tried to turn on me! But... when he heard the cops... he shot himself!" Y/N let out a loud bawl, her voice cracking.

"It's okay, shhh, it'll be okay." He stood up with Y/N in his arms, carrying her. One of his acquaintances saw Y/N and gasped.

"Call an ambulance!" She shouted, "She's covered in blood! Call an ambulance!" Y/N looked down, realizing that she was, indeed, soaked from head-to-toe in the crimson liquid.

"It's... not mine." She mumbled to the male cop who was holding her.

"I know, kid, but just in case." He sat her down on the sidewalk, patting her on the head.

By now, most of the neighborhood was awake because of the commotion. One man in particular, who went by the name of Sano Shinichiro, sprinted out of his house and towards Y/N.

Emma, his younger sister, often brought Y/N over to hang out. He was usually home, which led to him befriending the young girl.

"Y/N?! What happened?!" He shouted, in a state of panic, "Where's your mother?!" Shinichiro held a strong hatred for Y/N's father, hence why he didn't bother mentioning him.

Y/N's lifeless eyes stared into his black ones. He immediately got the memo.

"Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry."

She gently smiled, more tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's okay." She mumbled, "... It's okay."

"Hey, you can always live with us. Emma and Manjiro are worried about you, even Izana is concerned... surprisingly. I swear that kid shows no emotion sometimes." He let out a low chuckle.

"Chiro, I don't want to be a burden." She muttered.

"You'll never be a burden. I would gladly take you in. Heck, I'd even sacrifice my life for you!" He exclaimed, "Once all this is over, I'm personally adopting you. I'll visit every orphanage just to find you!" Y/N just nodded.

"Thank you... Chiro." She murmured.

The ambulance finally arrived, causing Shinichiro to sigh.

"See you soon, Y/N." He ruffled her already messy H/C hair.

"... See you later, Chiro. Tell Emma, Jiro, and Izana... I said bye." Y/N was carried into the ambulance.