1

Before
Chasity

Before you think I'm a monster for where my life has ended up, let me start at the beginning, and let you know that me being with Blake was not even my idea.

It was my husband's.

I know. Crazy, right?

That's what I said when I sat across from him at our kitchen island one night after we both had one too many glasses of wine.

"Vic that is crazy. Please, tell me you're joking. It's a bad joke, right?" I say putting my glass down and looking at him, uncertain that I had even heard him correctly.

He leans back against the counter, crossing one ankle over the other, giving me his disarming smile. "Mikel, and Erin did it. They hired a woman from this Agency in Redland. It's very discreet Chasity. It's not like in the old days where you drive down a dark street in the bad part of town, and let  stranger in to your car," he says.

I widen my eyes in disbelief. "Oh yes, because this form of prostitution is so much better? I can't believe you're even saying this. You want to invite another woman in to bed with us?" I say standing up from my stool, and folding my arms over my chest.

He pushes away from the counter, shaking his his head. "Not another woman. I want..," his voice trails off, sudden apprehension crossing his face. "Do you want to be w-with a man?" I stutter, trying to remove any inclination of judgement from my voice.

"No. I'd like to watch you. I'd like to watch you with another man. And I know it's weird maybe but I just...I don't know, I think it would be hot." He says his voice coming out low.

I stand immobile, completely shocked in to silence. I'm not a prude at all. Actually, I had been quiet adventurous in bed with my previous boyfriends.

But when I met Vic he was just opening up his own practice, straightlaced, and very put together. I kind of buried that side of me because  he preferred sex a little more vanilla.

But we got along in other areas, so I didn't mind. At least I didn't think I did until we got married, and now it was not only vanilla, but almost non-existent.

When I would try to initiate it with him, he would say he was tired from his long hours, or it would end up being a maximum of five minutes, leaving me heading to the bathroom to take care of myself after he'd fallen asleep. In the past two months I'd just stopped trying.

He is older than me, and at forty, I just figured maybe he wasn't as in to sex anymore. That coupled with his strenuous work schedule as a Plastic Surgeon, made our relationship of three years pretty rocky.

"Where is this coming from all of a sudden? I mean, we don't really have a lot of sex anymore. I'm just kind of shocked you want to do something like this," I say still feeling tense.

He comes closer to me, and runs his hands along my arms briefly, before putting them in his pockets. He always touches me like we are friends. There's no heat, or desire behind his movements.

"That's the point Chasity. Trying something different. We can get that spark back between us," he says. I watch him for a moment, at a loss for words. He goes back to retrieve his glass of wine, and finishes it before setting it in the sink.

He comes back over to me, touching the side of my face gently. "Just think about it, ok? It could be something you'd really enjoy. You're always saying we don't do anything spontaneous, and you want more in the bedroom. And we won't have to tell anyone, I swear," he says sounding confident.

I don't know how he feels confident in this. But I silently nod, and he leans down, kissing my cheek before heading up the stairs.