# six !¡

8:32 PM | Seoul, South Korea

"Hyun listen that was just a small high school crush!" Taeyong pleaded with puppy eyes, but Jaehyun just sat on the mattress with his arms crossed over his chest and gaze somewhere else.

Taeyong is trying to make it up to the younger who's mad on him because the older's high school crush asked him on a date as informed by Johnny earlier in the kitchen.

"Wait a minute... Why am I apologizing to you when we ain't even in a relationship? Like for real, what do we have between us? We're just friends who share the same room in a university's dorm."

Taeyong exclaimed, standing up from the mattress and now crossing his own arms above his chest. He himself felt the words like someone stabbed him in the heart.

But it was the truth anyway. The younger's expressions changed from jealousy and madness to pain and sorrow. The words hurt him equally.

Oh, how much he wished they were more than friends. He'd a little hope in him, that maybe, the older also felt the same way but after these words, all his hope got crushed.

He blinked twice to prevent the threatening tears to burst out. He formed his lips in a thin line, kept his hands on the mattress on both sides of his waist and nodded weakly.

"Right. I'm sorry."

The others were seeing all this secretly from behind the door who was opened a little, enough for them to peek in. Yuta clenched his fists and in fuming anger, was about to go inside, pushing the door and scream at the faces of the pair inside for being so stupid but Sicheng prevented that by holding his left upper arm and silently dragging him to their share room.

"What the fuck do you think you were about to do!?" Sicheng cursed at the older, who had his fists and jaw still clenched.

"Sicheng don't you see how damn stupid they are! Literally breaking each other's hearts! I can't see them hurt this way." Yuta almost yelled on which the younger just sighed crossing his arms.

He closed his eyes, trying to control his anger, and then opened them again to look straight in Yuta's eyes.

"Look, love is complicated. It's different for everyone. They take time to realize if they've feelings or the other have feelings for them or not. We can't just go and yell in their faces! It'll just worsen the situation. So calm down, and let them do what they want."

Sicheng exclaimed while giving the other a glare, on which the other wanted to roll his eyes but knew better than to sleep on a couch.

"Fine." Yuta accepted his defeat, while the younger grabbed his wrist and dragged him back to where they came from. When they returned to the scene, they met a dead silence.

It was so quiet that they could clearly hear each other's breaths, mentally praying it doesn't reach to the pair inside. Taeyong, who wasn't even aware about his housemates watching them, cleared his throat to break the disturbing silence.

"The... Dinner is ready." He said, not daring to look at the taller, and walked his way to the door. Noticing him walking towards them, probably the door, they panicked with their eyes wide open.

Doyoung and Jungwoo ran to the living room in a speed of light, who knows how. Mark and Donghyuck ran to their shared room, which was nearest to Taeyong's and Jaehyun's shared room.

Yuta and Sicheng started making out in the hallway. While Johnny and Taeil did an acting of talking with each other while crossing the hallway.

Taeyong came out of the room and his eyes first went to the Japanese and Chinese making out. He shook his head, smiling while feeling the pain of not being able to do the same with his roommate.

He took the stairs down with Jaehyun following him from behind, but with a good 10 feet distance. Not much later, the rest came to the dining table for the dinner but there was an awkward atmosphere.

No one dared to say anything. Everyone silently went back to their respective rooms while Jaehyun and Taeyong sat there staring at each, probably talking with eyes which lips can't say.

— t b c —