24) Power Play

The golden rays of sun shoned through the clouds and reached into Aadya's bedroom.

Rubbing her sleepy eyes she yawned and looked at the blue and orange sky, a smile curved on her lips seeing a cuckoo sitting on her windowpane and singing a melodious song, the song was closer to her heart reminding her of last night.

The atmosphere was lively today, she did not know why there is magic everywhere. The white plain walls of her room were vibrant, the dew drops on the green grass, a gentle cool breeze, this morning has brought a sweetness of hope and love.

It was only last night she had met them, and she wanted to meet them again now.

When you are fond of someone you want to meet them again and again. Once, twice, thrice you thrive to meet them, to see them, to hear them, to feel them around you. You don't want to lose sight of them till the next time you see them.

Her heart was tranquil and content. She smiled, got up and stretched a little, embracing the new day. Waiting to see what treasures this new exquisite day will unfold.

The pink bubbles danced on her fingertips as she played with them splashing her feet on the water like a little girl. The warmth and comfort of the warm bath was relaxing her as she was humming a sweet song making a crown and bow of bubbles on her head.

She giggled in delight, making a hat of a foam bubble on her head. After a long time she was feeling like a young cheerful girl that she was once.

She rinsed the foam bubbles from her skin while humming another sweet tune. Her milky white skin was glowing pink, the after effect of a warm bath. She rose and came out of the bathtub on her tiptoe making a trace of water behind her.

Taking a pink floral cotton towel from the hot rack she wrapped it around her body and wiped her wet skin. Drying her skin she was smiling without any reason like a twelve year old girl.

Her cheeks and small nose was cheery pink like a rose.

It was the flush of first love.

She blew the air from her mouth on the mirror making the mirror moist and hazy, making a heart on the mirror she wrote their names and giggled at her silliness.

The water droplets on her dark hair were shining like a pure pearl inside the oyster.

The smell of marigold and tropical flowers hung in the room as she entered her bedroom and opened the wardrobe.

Pondering over what colour to wear today she finally settled on the colour of youth and playfulness, pink.

The colour pink has become her colour today.

She put on a lovely skirt suit with a furry white crop sweater and applied a dab of rough and a light pink lipstick. Her blue green eyes were lined with a black kohl and a small butterfly locket on her neck enhanced her beauty. A pretty crystal hairpin adorned her sleek straight black hair.