𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗇'𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 ─ 𝗋.𝖺.𝖻

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁

𝘄𝗰: 𝟭𝟮𝟲𝟭

"good morning class!" professor slughorn greeted rather over-enthusiastically as he entered the potions classroom

"we're going to be starting your potions practical for your OWLs today."

the year 5 slytherins let out groans in response.

"you will be working in groups of two..."

excited chatters started to fill the room as the students began to choose their partners.

"...that i have assigned for you," slughorn held out the seating chart in his hands and began to read off it.

"snape and rosier....wilkes with avery....rodolphus lestrange and mulciber....malfoy and narcissa black....and lastly regulus black with y/l/n. now hurry along! chop chop!" the professor waved his hand at the students.

"um hey," y/n smiled at the raven haired boy who was sitting by one of the benches at the back alone.

the boy didn't even lift his head up to look at her, instead, his eyes stayed glued on his potions textbook, not even bothering to reply to the girl.

"right..." y/n pursed a smile as she awkwardly took the seat next to regulus.

"flip your textbooks to page 394, read the instructions then you can start brewing your potions."

"everlasting elixirs," y/n read the title of the chapter.

"i xir do hope we brew this correctly," y/n lightly nudged regulus with her elbow, the boy merely glared at her.

tough crowd eh.

"i can go get the ingredients if-"

regulus shot up from his stool and made his way to the shelf at the side of the classroom where the ingredients were stored.

"or i guess you could too," y/n mumbled.

regulus came back with a huff as he dropped the ingredients on the table.

for the rest of the lesson, y/n and regulus worked in silence, the girl cutting up the ingredients while the boy stirred the cauldron.

when professor slughorn finally dismissed the class, y/n let out a breath of relief.

"oh my godric that was the most awkward 2 hours of my life," y/n whispered complained to narcissa as the two made their way to the great hall.

"he's just really reserved, i'm sure he'll warm up to you as the year continues," narcissa tried to justify her cousin's closed-offness.