𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝖼𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗌 ─ 𝗆.𝖻

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀' 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁.

𝘄𝗰: 𝟵𝟭𝟯

"hey pretty girl," miles slid into the booth with you, wrapping his arms around your shoulder

"hi miles," you greeted the boy with a smile pursed on your lips.

ernie macmillan, who was sat opposite you, cleared his throat.

"i'm really sorry ernie, we'll be right back," you nudged miles off the booth and dragged him by his arm out of the three broomsticks.

"what the hell?" you glared at your best friend.

"i was just passing by and thought i'd give a shout, what're you doing with macmillan anyway?"

"ernie, asked me out on a date," you folded your arms, clearly annoyed at the blonde boy.

"i don't like him for you."

"he's very lovely and an absolute sweetheart, if anything i think he's right for me," you scoffed, "if you've got nothing else to say, i'll be going."

and with a roll of your eyes, you walked back into the inn and sat back down next to ernie, continuing your conversation from before.

"i had a really good time today y/n," ernie beamed as the two of you stood by the slytherin common room entrance.

"me too," you returned the smile.

"but...you fancy miles don't you?" ernie raised an eyebrow.

"er...fancy? what am i ernie? 12?" you scratched the back of your head and let out a dry chuckle.

"well maybe not fancy, but you definitely have something for him, i've seen the way you look at him."

a light tint adorned your cheeks, "i'm awfully sorry ernie, i didn't mean to lead you on. i had a nice time, truly. do you think we could be friends after this?"

"of course, friends it is," ernie stuck out a hand and you shook it.

"thank you again for today," you waved goodbye to ernie as you slipped into the slytherin common room.

you had had a crush on miles for quite a while. you met him back in first year on the hogwarts express, and the two of you then met adrian the same day when all three of you were sorted into slytherin. you had became inseparable since.

you became aware of your feelings towards your blonde best friend during the end of your fourth year. it was not news that you had a thing for miles. adrian knew, people in slytherin knew. hell, the whole school seemed to know.

well, everyone except miles knew. at times you believed he reciprocated the feelings from the way he would often flirt with you.

feather-light kisses on your forehead and shoulders and his hand always around your waist. but miles had never asked you out on a date. you decided recently that you would not spend your hogwart years waiting for a boy who would never ask you out and that was why you accepted ernie's invitation to a date.

"you're back early," adrian looked up from his textbook and placed it to the side.

you slumped onto the sofa next to adrian and leaned your head back, a groan leaving your mouth.

"bloody miles," you cursed, causing adrian to let out a laugh.

you snapped your head back up and gasped, "you told him about my date didn't you?" you punched adrian in the arm.

"ow! no need to resort to violence do we now?" adrian winced as he rubbed the spot you punched.

"look, macmillan's lucky enough that miles hasn't hexed him yet. he should've known not to ask out miles' girl." adrian shrugged.

"what'd you mean miles' girl?" you put your hand up in air quotation marks.

"he called dibs on you in second year. all the boys know miles is yours and that you're off limits."

that was when miles stepped into the common room, adrian and y/n's attention now on the blonde.

"what's going on? why's y/n fuming?" miles kicked his feet up onto the coffee table.

"care to share why you've been going around calling dibs on people my dear miles?" you faked the sweetest smile you could muster, gritting your teeth.

miles eyes widened at the question, covering the side of his face with his hand from y/n and whisper-shouting, "what the hell pucey? you told her?"

"i can hear you just fine miles, the room echoes," you rolled your eyes as adrian put his hands up in defence, picking his textbook up and walking backward into the stairway to the dorms, "i'll let you two have a chat."

"i'm not the last piece of quality street miles, you can't call dibs on me. i'm a person."

"look, i'm sorry okay? i didn't mean it in a possessive way," he ran his hand down his face, "i meant it in a i've got a huge crush on my best friend but i'm way too much of a wuss to ever admit it kind of way."

"you have a crush on me?" you asked, baffled.

"don't mock me now y/l/n, i've just admitted my undying feelings for you."

"you're blushing aren't you? oh my merlin, miles bletchley is blushing!" you teased as you had a shit-eating grin on your face.

"i hate you."

"well if it's any consolation, i happen to have a giant crush on you as well," you knocked miles' feet off the coffee table so you could settle yourself on his lap.

"fuck yea, i called dibs anyway," miles cheered as he cupped your cheek to place a kiss on your lips.