Chapter 54: Letter of Challenge

Start from the beginning

I read the contents of the letter and comprehend, Hinata along with her most trusted lackeys is challenging us on a full-blown confrontation as a group. The challenge was personal and it doesn't involve the Western Saint's Church or the entirety of the Kingdon of Tempest.

Clever impressed on her action, Hinata was the leader of the crusaders but she is not the top of the Western Saint's church Luminous was. She doesn't have any authority to fight us with the jurisdiction based on Luminism's. Without the consent of the higher-ups, she can't fight us using Luminism as a justification. Therefore Hinata just sucked it all up and fight us by personal means.

And her intention was?

The most plausible is to bring Shizu-san back on the human countries. 

Shizu-san becomes an ally of Tempest. I'm not gonna give her back to you. Soon the Arena will be completed it's a good occasion to tell the world our dominance. 

Let's wait for the coliseum to be built. it will be Tempest Executives vs the Western Saint's Church top holy knights.

As for Luminous...

"Why are you in my bed?" I demand an explanation

You may be wondering why the heck Ciel is being too quiet? well, Ciel is in a middle of a deep calculation.

Normally Ciel's speed in calculation was already top-notch. But considering Yuuki got a strange power of even resisting Destiny Ciel is in deep calculating mode. Calculating the absolute reality within her palms. According to Ciel after the calculation is completed we can get a vague interpretation of what really happened on  The True Perception.

By decreasing the calculation speed it will increase the calculation accuracy.

And the time limit of Ciel's deep calculation was... A year from now.

Luminous just modestly patted the sheets signaling me on sitting beside her

"Oi Oi... that's like inviting a man to screw you up" I apprised

"How boring..."  She replied as she lazed her gaze on the ceiling.

"There is something you want to tell me right?" As if reading her thoughts I assumed

She narrowed her eyes and said

"You are not mistaken... I appeared here to remind you. You may be powerful but Chloe is on a completely different Scale"

"You may be right but I will be saving her not fighting her... and don't you think it's a good chance to test my strength against Chloe"

Hearing so, Luminous froze for a moment. "I'm expecting a lot from you" 

She said and left me in my room.

 ✽

And so after delivering the letter of Challenge to Rimuru. The Crusaders finally dash to Tempest for their decisive battle. Leading the march their Head Hinata Sakaguchi.

They are taking a break from their trip towards the monster kingdom of Tempest. Their number was in just 2 digits the original plan Hinata was planning on bringing a hundred men.

Measures are taken in a worst-case scenario.

This is a personal battle. They are not confronting to conquer Tempest or to exterminate the monsters.

Each of the Knight possesses peerless strength in their own specialties.

Each one of them could wipe out an entire platoon.