"Okay, I think I know how we should do this," Hiccup said from his right side.

"You three need to stay here," Krogan said. "I am going alone."

Hiccup looked at him in shock. Toothless growled while Swiftwings whined beside him. "I thought we already decided you're not doing this alone. And I don't think I can keep Swiftwings from going to Eira."

"Hold her back as long as you can. I am going to challenge Drago. You cannot interfere."

"Ch-challenge? You can't-"

Krogan gave him a dark look. "You don't think I can beat him?"

Hiccup flushed. "It's not that. I just - You can't expect Drago to play fair, not with all those dragons."

"That's why you're here for backup, isn't it?"

Hiccup frowned. "I - I suppose so."

"Give me a chance to get started. If something happens to me, make sure to save Eira."

"W-wait!"

But Ruby had already taken off for the island. From Viggo's description, Krogan knew to approach from the forest and fly until he reached Drago's base. Surprisingly, he crossed paths with several dragons, but they flew off instead of trying to stop him. Did  Drago really think he would come quietly? From their previous interactions, maybe he had a reason to believe so.

The trees opened up to reveal several large structures, but Krogan's eyes were on the cage in the center of it all, housing Eira and a white dragon he assumed to be Luna, the Light Fury. They both leapt up when they saw him. Drago stood to the left of the cage as if waiting for him, a smirk on his face.

"Krogan!" Eira exclaimed. "Where's everyone else?"

"You knew I had an extraordinary proposition for you, didn't you?" Drago said smugly. "Have you come to take part in my plan?"

Krogan climbed off Ruby's back and took two steps towards Drago. "I will never join you," he growled, pulling out a long blade. "Let Eira go!"

Drago appeared amused at the demand. "You've been hanging around that insufferable chief. He's nothing but a boy."

"A boy who beat you."

Drago's smile fell. "He also beat you."

"Yes, but I know why he beat me. Do you know why he beat you?" It was the same question Viggo asked Krogan once. Krogan did not know the answer then, but he knew now.

Drago snorted. "He got lucky, but he was foolish too. He didn't finish the job."

"Then allow me to finish it for him." Krogan stepped forward and raised his dagger. The Night Furies scattered throughout the area growled. "I challenge you, one on one."

"What?" said Eira. "No!"

"It would be easy for you to simply join me," said Drago, "but if you're in a hurry to die..." Drago pulled out a sword Krogan could not remember him ever using. It seemed he had picked up a new skill on the island.

The Night Furies suddenly snarled, their attention on the forest. A second later, Toothless and Hiccup emerged, followed by Swiftwings. "Oh good, I'm not too late," Hiccup said. Toothless and Swiftwings tried to land by the cage, but the Night Furies stood in their way, so they settled near the trees by Ruby.

Drago narrowed his eyes at Krogan. "I thought you came alone."

"They're here to observe," Krogan said.

"Do you think I'm going to do something dishonorable?" Drago laughed. "You're probably right. You do have some sense left in you."

"Hiccup, you have to stop them," Eira said.