The Final Reel

Through the eyes of a Demon

My mind felt like a big pot of inky sludge.

Emotions running high, destructive and unforgiving like a hurricane.

Reality had begun to sink in, and I felt the surge of anger I had felt earlier again.

I pushed my feelings aside however and paid much attention to the footsteps I was trailing.

These footsteps were unlike any other, frantic, fleeing, and grew faster despite how long we had been running.

"GOD HELP YOU HENRY"

I shouted, seething with unbridled wrath.

My eyes seared with pain from the angry tears that pricked my eyes.

Henrys horrid panting was just within my grasp.

When I was a measly ink puddle in the olden days of the studio, I was afraid of a lot of the big shots here, often in and out of Joeys office, their wrinkled stubbled faces made anxiousness in my heart bubble over.

That me is long gone.

I'm the Ink Demon now, and Henry can't hurt me anymore.

There's a new hierarchy down here, and I was the fucking king.

I heard the crashing footsteps come to a halt. Creaking metal doors swooshed open, and I found Henry's frightened eyes looking over his shoulder back at me, waiting anxiously for the doors, so he could shut them on me even faster than they had opened.

I offered him a wicked smile before lunging at him, baring my claws and swiping at his stomach, anywhere that'd make him cry out in screaming agony.

Without hesitation he threw himself through the opening. His body hit the floor, a loud metal thump accompanying his landing. He quickly scrambled and was back up on his feet. He was out of my line of sight now, I heard grunting and the creaking sound of a lever being pulled.

"Don't run from me you bastard!"

I growled through the already closing doors.

This only sent me further into furry.

I banged my fist against the metal doors with animalistic nature, trying to pry them open to chase after the booming footsteps that were just the other side.

It's like I could hear Henry's puny heart pounding in trepidation.

I felt my heart pound fast too, but not pathetically in fear.

I could feel the ink on my body grow hot with intensity. My mind stirred with violent thoughts, which I let out in the form of a thunderous roar.

I felt myself losing my form, the ink shapeshifting me into a monster, fit for Henry's fate.

I watched my hands grow, strength surging through me. My trademark smile turned into a jaw full of sharp jagged teeth, salivating at the thought of Henry's limp body.

I tried to pry open the door again, an easy task with my newfound strength.

I opened the door wide enough for me to fit through, still the adrenaline rushed through me as I scurried down the hallway.

"HENRY!"

I snarled, seething with malevolence.

I heard a frightened gasp in the distance, shuffling and things dropping to the floor. The chase ensued, for Henry took off again.

I bolted, catching up rather quickly. I maliciously laughed.

"Don't think you can run Henry!"

I said sing-songy, finding energy again and picking up the speed.