Chapter 18 - Devil's Spawn

Start from the beginning

"I think you're biased." Ashley shook her head in amusement and went to her computer. "Alright. I guess it's time to Google paintball and see what the hell you got me into this time."

Rosé was definitely excited. Moving back to L.A. was the best decision she had made in a long time.

###

Jennie watched as Sehun grabbed his stomach as he laughed. She wanted to punch him. "Would you shut up and focus!"

Sehun wiped the tears from his eyes and finally stopped laughing enough to talk. "Why the hell did you suggest paintball? I don't think your designer shoes will survive the mud."

"Mud? Wait, there's mud?" Jennie groaned. After work, she had gone over to Sehun's office to find out what the hell paintball entailed. She knew she could count on Sehun to help her out.

Sehun had gotten his doctorate in Psychology and had decided to take a job with the L.A. school district as one of the field psychologists for troubled youths. He loved his job and Jennie admired him for his dedication to the kids.

"Just call her up," Sehun said, "Tell her paintball was a bad idea and take her on a romantic dinner or something."

"I can't!" Jennie said, "She loved the idea of paintball and even said that Ashley was planning and I quote - 'boring dinner' - and that paintball sounded more fun. I don't want to bore her."

"So this is like a group date?"

"It's not a date," Jennie corrected, "Not really. It's more of a welcome home thing for her. And Lisa, I guess. But the issue is that I can't paintball! It's dirty and I'm sure it hurts like hell."

"Oh it does," Sehun said, "I always come home covered in bruises. But enough about that, so Lisa is going to this thing too?"

Jennie didn't hide her surprise. "Are you serious? You're still with that? Aren't you dating Mandy or Melinda or whatever that girl's name is?"

"That was over last month," Sehun said, "Anyway, I'm just asking. She's still into dudes too right?"

"She told me she was," Jennie said.

"Just checking," Sehun said, "All I know about Lisa is that she dated Rosé for like five years..."

"Less than two," Jennie corrected.

"Fine. Less than two years, and maybe she realized she's a full-time lady lover since I last saw her. I don't want to look like an idiot or make her uncomfortable."

"You could do so much...." Jennie stopped talking. She thought about Rosé living with Lisa and all sorts of scenarios jumped in her mind. Scenarios that involved the two blonds getting back together and Jennie being left out in the cold. Again. If she could help steer Lisa in the direction of the blond sitting in front of her, she'd feel a lot better. "You know what? Go for it. You and Lisa would be adorable together."

Sehun leaned back in his chair and shook his head. "You're only saying that because you want to keep Lisa away from Rosé. You think they'll get back together again."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I fucking hate when you go all Freud on me."

"It's my job," Sehun smiled. "And I know how you think. Look, let me take care of the arrangements for this paintball adventure. I can get a great deal. And don't worry about Rosé, OK? If it's meant to be, it will."

"It's hard not to worry," Jennie said, "You have no idea how much I want this to work with Rosé. I don't want to mess it up again."

"You won't," Sehun said.