I nod, remembering how many bodies where in the large dining hall yesterday during dinner. There were many tables and they were all filled. I look around the kitchen to notice that there are already containers put aside with food inside.

"There are some days when we're given food from outside the center. Organizations aware of our situation can give food, clothes, books and the likes to help us, which is really helpful. This morning is such an occasion so I don't really need to make a big variety of food, just a main dish that can complement the side dishes well. It just takes patience, you can't be in a hurry when you cook for three dozens of hybrids" he chuckles.

I stay silent as I observe him pour some of the liquid into something that makes it grill and harden into a bread-like texture, something amazing to see. It's one thing to eat food, but how is it made? This is new for me.

"Will I be able to cook like that one day?" I ask suddenly, thoughts blurt out of my mouth and letting him know just how much I long to learn. He turns to me with soft eyes and nods.

"You will, absolutely. We have classes getting prepared for you, it won't be anything intense to begin with. Cooking lessons, basic knowledge classes, so talks about apparel, how to clean yourself as well as behind yourself, how to take care of your belongings, things of the kind. I think there's also going to be one class about communication, which is very important. As time goes, we'll start implementing more new subjects, but not until you're ready to reach that point. You have a whole world to learn about and we don't want to overwhelm you so it's going to be a little at a time" he explains, eyes focused on what he's doing as the food's smell starts reaching my nostrils, something pretty neutral but with a hint of sweetness.

"What will the future classes be about?" I ask, curious. He chuckles.

"Eager to learn, aren't you? You will learn about the concept of money, how to acquire it, how to use it wisely, how to make and follow a budget. You will learn about the city, what you can find there, how to take a bus or train, how to use a bike, eventually a car when you're ready but that won't be without our approval. How to get a job and keep it. Once you reach that point, you'll also start having the types of classes you would have at school if you went like everyone from a young age. You'll have a lot to learn and it'll be hard work, but it's necessary so you can have a better understanding of what's around you. You're already older than the perfect age range to truly and fully absorb knowledge so we're going to do our best so you at least understand the necessary. We'll see just how far we can push you as you go, especially once we talk about which jobs interest you. Some require intense and difficult studying but we'll make sure to help you guys attain the dreams you'll make along the way".

I stare at him in confusion, not a single word that I just heard making sense to me right now. He grins when he sees my expression. "Don't worry, this seems like a lot right now, but it'll all make sense one day. Remember, little steps" he muses.

Will it really all make sense one day? I focus on my hands on my lap, fingers going to slide on the fur of my tail as I hug myself with it, teeth going to bite into my bottom lip.

Just how much is there to learn? We didn't learn a lot at the farm. We did learn how to read and write, we had to be as good as what was expected of a hybrid found in a farm, but it stopped there. Some of the adults there could still remember a life of freedom and they would sometimes tell us about it, but it wasn't often, it wasn't in details.

There was no need to describe a life that we would probably never get a taste of. They didn't want to give us false hope, unachievable dreams.

A sudden smell reaches my nose and I look up to see Taehyung's eyes on me as he makes a beeline for the chair next to mine, worry on his face as he notices the way I'm stroking my tail for comfort.