"Great and what were you doing in here?" her authoritative voice made me stand straighter. This woman was like an army instructor. She reminds me of Inayat when he gets serious.

"Well, you see, I just wanted to surprise my friend, Eboni," the excuse sounded awful when I said it aloud.

Damn you, Naeem! And just so you know, that pet of yours is ugly and no one thinks it's endearing. We just lied to make you stop whining.

As I mentally cursed Naeem, the woman said, "You broke into the peach castle because you wanted to surprise your friend?"

It was very obvious from her tone that she did not believe me. I wouldn't too if I were her.

I looked at Eboni for help, praying to God, the courtroom drama right in front of her was enough to fully wake her. She caught my eyes and looked as confused as anyone in the room. I raised my left eyebrow and thank gods, she got the signal.

"Yes, Dayuu. I was upset today so he came to surprise me. He didn't mean any harm. It was just a rather foolishly- planed move," she pleaded on my behalf.

Wait, did she just call a fool?

"Do you have anything to say for yourself Mr. Ryuuzaki? Or should I send a warning letter home to your parents?" Dayuu commented in a hoarse voice.

What? A warning on the first day?

Good job, Akira.

How will you ever be like father if you do things like this??

Mother would be so disappointed. And father? What will he say?

Well, if he's not too busy to see it that is.

"No madam, I don't have anything to say. But I beg you to not inform my parents. I promise not to do it again. Please do forgive me this time," I tried to say as pleadingly as I can.

"Hmm, What do you think, girls? Should I? You ladies were the victim of this ill-advised stunt. So you may decide," she looked at the feral gremlin girl from before and the crying girl.

Please say no, please say no. I will pay for all the damage. just say no.

"I *Hic* don't want to *hic* forgive him," the crying girl says in between her sobs.

Okay, that is understandable, I broke your bracelet.

Eboni spoke up on my behalf. Yes! I knew she was a real one!

It was a tie now. So if the strong midget said no, I'll be saved.

I really wanted her vote to be No because I desperately wanted to avoid the punishment.

And also maybe because it was her.

She was the girl who I have been spying on in the library for the past week.

Because I was curious. Nothing else.

She was rather beautiful up close. Her bright blue eyes reminded me of the sky that reflected on the Araceli lake. The faint blush on her pale cheeks gave the illusion of life in a frozen body. The blonde messy hair that I saw looked wild and untamed now.

However, now that I was closer to her, I couldn't help but notice the cold aura around her.

As if, as if she's not quite dead but not quite alive either.

It made my senses uncomfortable. 

If she doesn't testify against me, then I'd like to get to know her.

Even if she was a commoner. 

Even if she only owned seven of the  ugliest sweaters I have ever seen.

Seriously who owns three green and red sweater? What are you? Santa's Elf?

As someone who was best friends with Eboni Abdallah since the day of birth, I had some rather harsh opinions on her choice of outfits.

But she shattered my hopes completely when she opened her mouth, "Well Dayuu, I think his parents should be informed. He destroyed a sentimental item of a classmate after all."

 Mother will be disappointed. I suddenly felt furious at that thought. And my anger was directed at the girl.

I don't know why I felt a strange sense of betrayal when she said yes.

"Now then come along, Mister Ryuuzaki. We need to inform your dorm head of this transgression too," Dayuu motioned me to follow her and I obliged.

"You will pay for this," I mouthed as I walked out of the room, hoping that the strange fluttering in my heart when I saw to her be a trick of the mind.

GLOSSARY

*Yukata: A yukata (浴衣, lit. "bathrobe") is an unlined cotton summer , worn in casual settings such as and to nearby bathhouses. Originally worn as bathrobes, their modern use is much broader, and are a common sight in Japan during summer.

 Originally worn as bathrobes, their modern use is much broader, and are a common sight in Japan during summer

*Obi: An obi is a belt of varying size and shape worn with Japanese Traditional outfit such as Kimono, Yukata.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to vote and comment. 

Thank you for reading.