TEN

Minho indeed felt pretty the same as his best friend.

After leaving the hall with his group, the boy immediately started looking for his best friend.
An assistant had informed them that it was time to meet their matches or, if they lived in another city, get access to a computer to videocall them.

The area around the ceremony hall was full of new paired matches, hardly trying to ignore the fact of nonexistent privacy.
Minho shook his head. This was really not the place to get to know the person you will live with for the rest of your life...

Again his gaze wandered over dozens of faces.
Where was Jisung?
Focused on finding the younger boy he startled, when someone pat his shoulder.
"You okay, man?" It was Changbin, followed by his match, Hyerin.
Minho just nodded. "I'm good. But have you seen Jisung? I can't find him."
Changbin shook his head, but the girl on his side frowned. "We were in the same group, but he immediately bid farewell after we've left the waiting room."

Jisung left?

"You are Lee Minho, his partner, right? Jisung seemed all over the place, I tried to talk to him but he was pretty quiet, kinda spaced out."
"Did he mention where he wanted to go?", Minho asked concerned.
This time it was Hyerin, who shook her head. "I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I'll go find him. Changbin, if he should call you, please let me know. Oh, and congratulations, you two."

They said goodbye and Minho made his way through the crowd, away from the ceremony hall. He knew, his best friend would hide at a quiet place, more peaceful any calm than this. The younger boy got overwhelmed fastly by crowded places, loud noises or stuff like that.

Minhos phone rang when he turned right, stepping up to the train station.
"Yes?"
"Minho, where are you?!"
The boy's eyes widened. He totally forgot his parents! They were still at the ceremony hall, waiting for their only son.
"Mom, I am sorry, but I had to leave. Someone from the system told us to come with them. They want to clarify things, you know?"
Sure, that was a lie, but at least his mother wouldn't ask. When it's about the system, people don't ask questions. They just accept what they were told.
"Okay, sweetheart. Hopefully they can resolve that fast. Call me when you finished, we will wait in our apartment."
While ending the call Minho was already at the platform. A train left seconds ago and spit out a flood of people, everyone heading in the  opposite direction of the boy. He tried to call his best friend again, for the twelfth time since he left the hall. Nothing.
"Jisung, where are you?", he mumbled, while putting his phone back in his pocket. In his head he went through different possibilities, where Jisung could be.
His apartment? No, surely not. Chan was there and Changbin would head there after the ceremony, too.
Maybe somewhere at the riverbank?

In a fever of excitement he went through places.
A train pulled into the station and suddenly Minho knew, where he would find the other boy.
Without wasting a second, he quickly hopped onto the train.

Impatiently waiting for the train to stop at the right station, Minhos thoughts drifted to his best friend again. According to Hyerin he was totally off. Yes, it seemed like Jisung wanted to be alone, but at least the older needed to try to comfort him. If his best friend really didn't want him around, Minho would leave. But first he had to make sure that Jisung was okay.