Burning the Candle

The Opening ends to the view of a glum Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at.

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth. (slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white)

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked! Y/N what do you think? as he sees him with his head on the table snoring Weiss then slams the table waking him up

Y/N: IM AWAKE oh thanks a lot for ruining my sleep Weiss as he lays his head on the table and pouts

Weiss: Why do i bother

Weiss walks out of the scene as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

Yang: (brushing her hands as she approaches Ruby) So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Y/N: She isn't wrong there Yang

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going. (looks over off-screen, exasperated) Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: (walks up to Yang, pointing in her face) If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening.

Neptune: (walking in with Sun) Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: (stepping up to him, becoming sweet) We were thinking about it...

Y/N seeing this just growls quietly enough for ruby to hear and for her to put her hand on his shoulder to calm him down

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: (coming into the scene, acting suave to Weiss' ire) You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Y/N: If you count having Weiss drag you to a store to buy you a suit fun then yes

Weiss: Oh be quiet you

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Y/N: Your turning my head right now as he smirks causing Yang to blush and smirk

Weiss: (addressing Sun and Neptune) What are you two wearing?

Sun: Uuhhh... this? (gestures to his current shirtless outfit)

Neptune: (steps up and holds a hand in front of his friend's face.) Ignore him for he knows not what he says.

Sun: (knocks Neptune's hand away) Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.

Y/N: Coming from someone who has travelled through Vacuo and he isn't wrong

Sun: Thanks Y/N high-fives Y/N

Yang: (mirroring Ruby Y/N and Weiss's looks of being told something extremely obvious) Yeah, we noticed.

Sun: (rubbing the back of his head, preparing to ask:) Sooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?