49:Idiot Mo Feng.

Start from the beginning

❝I couldn't find Mo Feng. This morning he was resting in his bed, hungover,but when I went to check on him, he wasn't in his room anymore. ❞Mi Que explained, worried.

❝Have you searched around? ❞Yu An asked.

Wei Zhan jumped down from a tree and said:

❝I've done that and I can't find him. ❞

❝Did he ran off to somewhere? ❞Ruosheng asked.

❝I don't think so. He had a bad headache and wished to rest for the day. He wouldn't just leave without telling anyone. ❞Mi Que said.

Yu An touched Mi Que's shoulder and smiled at her.

❝We'll find him. ❞Yu An said, getting furious at the thought that someone dared to kidnap her disciple.

❝Lizhui, get everyone in the main hall. Block the exits of the Palace and capital so no one leaves or enters. ❞Wang Shu ordered.

❝Yes, your highness. ❞Lizhui bowed his head and left to do as told.

Yu An massaged her temples as she thought of a way to find him quick.

The twins, hearing the commotion, rushed to Yu An.

❝What happened? ❞Xiao asked, seeing the anger on Yu An's face.

❝Mo Feng disappeared. ❞Yu An replied.

Xiun's eyes widened. Yu An saw that and looked at Xiun.

❝Have you seen him? ❞ she asked the little girl.

Xiun nodded her head.

❝I've seen him a while ago... there was a woman... in servant clothing with him. She was leading him somewhere, but I didn't payed mind to it. ❞Xiun explained.

❝Have you seen the face of that servant? ❞Yu An asked.

❝No. But I can recognize her by the way she walkes. ❞Xiun replied.

Yu An nodded her head and turned to Wang Shu.

❝I want all servants in the main hall. ❞ she said, determined to punish whoever is behind this.

Wang Shu nodded his head and send a servant to call all servants to the main hall.

___________________
❝What are we going to do? We are called in the main hall! ❞a panicked servant girl said to her mistress.

❝Don't fret. They have no way of knowing it's us. Do not show any signs of panic or I will cut you in pieces myself! Do any mistakes and I'll kill your entire family. ❞a certain concubine that hates Yu An, spoke, giving a vicious look to her scared servant.

____________________

As ordered, everyone was called in the main hall, including the lowest ranked servants.

❝Your highness... may I ask what is the reason for this? ❞ one of the concubines asked, looking at Wang Shu.

❝Mo Feng disappeared and I suspect he was kidnapped. ❞Wang Shu replied.

❝Kidnapped? Isn't he a strong cultivator? Who could have done that? ❞another concubine asked.

Yu An looked at everyone present, boiling inside.

❝Xiun, you said a female servant  was leading Mo Feng somewhere, am I right? ❞Yu An asked, loud and harsh, making everyone understand that she isn't playing.

❝Yes!I've seen her back only, but I can recognize her by  the way she walkes. ❞Xiun replied, happy that she could be of help.

❝Your highness, can we trust the child? How could she recognize someone by the way they walk? A lot of the servants walk similar. ❞ another concubine said, afraid that she may be dragged in this mess by that child.

Yu An turned her head to look at the concubine who spoke.

❝Are you saying that my subordinates are incompetent, concubine Ming? ❞Yu An asked.

❝No! I don't dare! I just want to be sure that the child is accurate, your highness, so we can find the real culprit. ❞concubine Ming replied, shaking.

❝We will. If you don't have anything to hide then nothing is going to happen to you. ❞Yu An replied, returning her attention to Xiun. ❝All female servant will form a queue and each will walk around. ❞Yu An ordered.

All female servants stepped forward, afraid that they may be accused of kidnapping Mo Feng.
They formed a queue as told, and the first began to walk around, trembling.

❝Not her. ❞Xiun said, shaking her head.

❝Next. ❞Yu An ordered and the next servant walked as well.

❝No. ❞Xiun said.

After half an hour, the guilty servant had her turn at walking in front of Xuan.

❝That's her! ❞Xuan said, pointing to the servant.

❝That's it. I'm screwed now, all because I got a evil mistress. ❞ the servant thought as she fell to her knees.

❝I didn't do anything wrong, your highness! I swear! ❞the servant pleaded.

❝Who do you serve? ❞Wang Shu asked, no trace of emotion in his voice.

The servant bit her lip silently.

❝Your highness, she is one of my maids. But I can't believe she could do something like that. Please investigate this. ❞Guiyang said, stepping in forward, with her head bowed.

❝You're saying she is innocent? ❞Wang Shu asked.

❝I'm not sure so I cannot guarantee, but I would like to believe I've trained her well. ❞Guiyang replied, calm.

Yu An looked at the woman.

❝I remember her giving me dirty glances here and there, but she isn't the only one to dislike me as they all want my spot as the Empress. ❞ Yu An thought as she kept glaring at Guiyang.

❝Your highness, Xiun is certain this woman was with Mo Feng today. ❞Xiun said, grabbing Yu An's hand.

❝I'm sure what you're saying is the truth. But we cannot be certain that my servant kidnapped Mo Feng. Maybe there is something between them that we don't know of? ❞ the concubine suggested and looked at her trembling servant.

The servant understood what her mistress is going for.

❝I... I only wanted a moment alone with lord Mo Feng. This servant... this lowly one admires lord Mo Feng... ❞the servant woman said, crying.

Yu An looked at the servant with no expression on her face which made the servant nervous.

❝So Mo Feng accepted your invitation? Then where is he now?! ❞Mi Que asked, stepping in front of the servant.

She felt annoying at this servant girl and wasn't sure why.

❝I don't know where he went after, I swear! ❞the servant said.

❝Are you sure, Kio? Didn't he said anything about where he is going? ❞Guiyang asked her servant.

❝He said he was busy...but I don't know anything else. ❞the said, looking up at Mi Que and Yu An who were standing in front of her.

❝Busy? He was hungover, where he could go?! ❞Mi Que asked, getting more angry.

It infuriated her that Mo Feng whereabouts were unknown and this little servant made her even more mad.

❝I'll show him alone time with servants!Idiot Mo Feng! ❞ Mi Que thought, now upset with Mo Feng.

Yu An noticed Mi Que's state and looked at her quietly.

❝Is she... jealous? ❞Yu An asked herself.

Mi Que scoffed and left the main hall angry.

❝Get the servant and interrogate her in the dungeon. ❞Wang Shu ordered.

Lizhui bowed his head and signaled for two guards to take the servant away.

❝I really hope this misunderstanding is going to be cleared soon and Mo Feng will return. ❞ concubine Guiyang said, bowing politely in front of the Emperor and Empress.

Yu An took a last glance at her before leaving.