⁽¹³⁾ UH OH STINKY

"every meal tastes better in the company of friends," kojiro sighed contentedly

"every meal tastes better in the company of friends," kojiro sighed contentedly. he invited the rest of the group to follow him into the room, where kaoru thought he would be sitting alone. "so, you're welcome!"

[name], reki, miya, and hiromi gasped at the sight of the mouthwatering dishes that were set upon the wooden table, just enough for each person. they were beyond relieved, knowing that they wouldn't have to miss dinner for the night.

"oh, for the love of— and you brought the kids..." kaoru grumbled with his eyebrows furrowed in distaste.

"aw, i'm sorry, did we interrupt your date?" [name] teasingly questioned.

kaoru glared at the teenager. "i'm going to strangle you, you damn miscreant!"

"save that for joe!"

kojiro laughed at kaoru's angered state, while [name] joined reki in gushing over the food. "wow! it's a full course meal, guys!"

throwing an arm around kaoru's slimmer shoulders, kojiro announced, "enjoy! big bro here has got your tab!"

the four broke idiots widened their eyes in excitement and pure joy, then simultaneously clapped their hands in prayer.

"let's eat!"

they all began to devour their food after langa had finally returned from finding the bathroom. the sounds of lighthearted chatter and the occasional bickering filled the air, accompanied by the clanging of utensils and glass cups.

one thing led to another, and hiromi managed to consume a considerable amount of alcohol; it was far too much for him to remain sober. with his arms wrapped around joe in a tight embrace, he wailed out incoherent words about his love for his manager.

reki even attempted to reach for the same bottle, only to have his hand smacked away by kaoru's paper fan.

"by the way, i'm pretty sure today is the day," miya started.

"hm? the day...?"

[name] nodded to kaoru, then continued the story. "yeah. haven't you heard? today is when it shows up. and i'm not talking about pennywise."

(seeing pennywise would have been a blessing.)

"huh? what shows up? what do you mean?"

"that's ridiculous!"

"i just overheard the hostess say it," miya explained. he turned his head with a darkened glint in his eyes. "she told someone not to forget what day it was, and asked them to please not walk around outside after sunset."

reki's face blanked with fright, then chuckled nervously. "well, thank goodness it isn't my walk around aimlessly night, tonight!"