⁽¹²⁾ GOD, IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE

"well, hey! what an unpredictable surprise!"

"joe?!"

"mama?"

[name] couldn't resist the urge to quietly make the god awful joke. miya, who heard him, jumped to smack him in the back of the head. unfortunately, he was too short to reach properly </3

"ow?!"

miya scoffed. "you deserved that."

"don't lie, i know you were thinking of the same thing!"

miya couldn't confirm nor deny [name]'s accusation.

nanjo kojiro stood with two women at his sides, each hugging one of his arms. he warmly gazed at the group with a smile. "hm? nice of your dad to chaperone for you."

hiromi immediately protested. "i'm not a chaperone! trust me, this sucks."

"i'm sure," kojiro chuckled.

a familiar monotonous voice rang from the seating area, causing their heads to turn. "it's time to wake up. ten minutes until arrival."

"copy that," a man replied smoothly, "thank you, carla."

"i know that voice..." no shit, kojiro. you've been friends since kindergarten. "ugh! aw, great! what the hell are you doing here?!"

the two made eye contact, simultaneously contorting their faces into disgusted scowls. "i could ask you the same, damn gigolo! i'm here on business, what's your excuse?!"

langa, miya, [name], hiromi, and reki simply watched the bickering pair, already accustomed to their peculiar behavior.

the so-called gigolo sent him a charming wink. "vacay all day."

"going to hot springs," langa said.

"yeah, same."

"i'm with them."

"i'm ... babysitting."

"well, looks like we're all here."

donned in different beach outfits, the group of seven successfully arrived at the beach. somehow, none of them had died along the way! unaccustomed to the heat of the area, langa nearly passed out from heatstroke, though. the boys' bodies glistened with dripping water after spending time in the ocean, but they decided to take a break under the shade of their umbrella.

[name] and miya had set the younger boy's nintendo switch against a secure surface, each gripping a joy-con controller. the two were competing in mario kart; [name] played as toad, while miya settled on isabelle.

hiromi approached the group, several drinks held in his hands. "hey, have you guys seen joe?"

reki side-eyed the womanizer, who was, yet again, flirting with two women. "he's over there."