⁽⁰⁷⁾ THE NOT SO GRAND REVEAL PT. 2

the seraphic glow of the setting sun cast an orange hue over the city, and the weather became chillier as nighttime drew nearer

the seraphic glow of the setting sun cast an orange hue over the city, and the weather became chillier as nighttime drew nearer. the wind gradually picked up its speed, breezing through the leaves as it passed by.

[name] and miya had just exited a local convenience store, the latter carrying a newly purchased protein drink in his hand. he was still dressed in his school uniform, but [name] wore a hoodie over his own. he also held a backpack over his shoulder, packed with his and miya's needed outfits for s.

they were making their way downtown, walking fast, faces pass and they're homebound.

nah, they were going to the skate park.

thankfully, it wasn't too far from the store, so the teens didn't have to walk for long.

"why did you buy that? you just bought a pack of those drinks last week," [name] questioned curiously.

he was met with a playful shrug from his companion. "i bet that slime is drinking something unhealthy. this is better for him. he needs to be ready for his upcoming beef, right?"

"oh, so you care for him?"

"what? no! he's just some stupid slime. i want him to win, that's all there is to it," miya replied unconvincingly. his reddened ears and furrowed eyebrows provided the answer instead.

he didn't want [name] to know about how he cared for his newfound brother figure.

(don't ship them, weirdos.)

"uh huh."

"stop that!"

"oh, look, we're here."

[name]'s words were proved true, seeing as the pair were only meters away from the park itself. miya immediately found his target, and he stealthily walked ahead to put his plan in motion.

the fifteen year old watched amusedly, hastening his pace in time for miya to switch reki's drinks around.

"what about joe's warning?" langa asked with his usual blank expression.

reki huffed, then reached his hand out for what was supposed to be a can of soda. as though he were on a phone call, he mimicked the sounds of static electricity, and said, "you're breaking up!"

the redhead took a few large gulps from the recently replaced drink, only to spit out the contents right after.

"what is this crap?!"

inspecting the label on the plastic bottle, he noticed that it was, in fact, not a can of soda.

"better than chugging a can of corn syrup and caffeine," miya chimed in. he held reki's original drink in his right hand, and stared at it with a displeased frown.

"you can't just use the phone static thing when you're talking to someone in person. maybe this is karma."

still wholeheartedly disgusted by whatever the fuck he just consumed, reki exclaimed, "miya?! [name]?!"