𝚇𝙻𝙸𝚇. 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢

Start from the beginning

Draco stopped just in front of his siblings and they all took a good look at each other.

They had changed.

The eldest looked at least two years older than the last time Draco had seen him.

The middle one looked nothing like herself ― she was a shell of her former self.

The youngest looked tired, too tired.

They all thanked Merlin above that their parents weren't there to see them like this. No sane parent would wish to see their children defeated.

"Hi," said Draco, his eyes tired and the bags under them darker than winter evenings.

Regulus chuckled lightly and pulled his brother to a hug.

"It's good to see you Draco," he said and patted his younger brother's back.

"You too," said Draco when he took a step away from his brother and broke the embrace. He turned to look at his sister and gave her a small smile.

"Hey idiot," he said.

Violetta rolled her eyes before wrapping her arms around Draco's shoulders. She laughed a little, her little brother was now taller than her. It made her happy and sad, all at once but she didn't mind it, at least she felt something.

"Now, why are you in trouble?" Asked Violetta when she and her brothers began to walk towards the woods.

They didn't want to stay anywhere near people in case someone might hear them. While Violetta nor Regulus knew what exactly it was that Draco wished to tell them ― they knew that much that it wasn't something for others to hear.

"I messed up big time," sighed Draco, his gaze down on his feet.

Violetta quickly glanced at Regulus who shrugged.

"How come?" Asked Regulus.

The trio of siblings stopped by an old oak tree just outside the woods. It was a place where Regulus used to spend time with his friends when they were still in school. It was also a place no one else really knew so there was no danger of being overhead.

"You know about the task the Dark Lord had given me," started Draco and while he walked a little further, his siblings stopped. Draco began to pace back and forth, his hands in his pockets and gaze still down.

"I had this cursed necklace," he began and didn't stop speaking until he had finished his entire story of the necklace and Katie Bell.

Violetta couldn't say a word when Draco stopped talking. She just stared at her little brother ― her brown eyes soft and regretful. While Draco liked to act like he was a tough one with his many many insults and nasty glares he shoots at everyone ― he wasn't like that with his family. He was the child of the family, the one who gets in trouble for his mischiefs but never gets punished.

None of the children in the family do ― it was against Narcissa and Lucius' parenting which mostly comprehends spoiling.

"Does anyone know it was you?" Asked Regulus when he realised that his twin wasn't going to say anything just yet.

"I don't think so," sighed Draco.

Regulus nodded. "Okay well that's good."

He turned to Violetta and so did Draco.

Violetta noticed this and she exhaled heavily. "What?"

"What do I need to do?" Asked Draco and took a step closer to Violetta.

"I-I don't know Draco," said Violetta, offering her brother a sad smile.

Draco shook his head. "You always know what to do. Both of you do."