I take a deep breath and look at her. She glances back, her eyes full of emotion.

"I just don't want you to feel like you got dragged in all of this."

"If you asked me just a month ago, I wouldn't have even considered coming here," I say, letting out a small chuckle. "I mean, that is if I even believed you."

"And what about now?" she questions.

"I have many doubts about whether I'm magic, but I don't want to live my life with what-ifs. I need actual answers and apparently, this is the only place with answers."

"I completely understand, but I want it to be your choice." she continues.

This is another reason why I love her. She genuinely cares about people. If I ask her to take me back home, she would in a heartbeat, despite the consequences. I already know my answer though, "I want to go to Astraea Academy." I blurt out.

"I'm so glad to hear you say that." she shrieks with excitement. A smile back on her face.

"Not knowing about this world feels like a different life."

"I'm happy you're a part of this world," she says, her eyes beaming with happiness. "I never thought that I could experience these things with you! It's like a dream."

"Okay, so usually I would say NO to summer classes, but I think it might be helpful."

"Perfect," she sings songs. "because we need to register for classes. The popular classes always fill out first, like Magic 101." she says.

"Magic 101 is an actual course?!" I nearly shriek. "I can't believe this is real life!"

"Is it for witches only?"

"No, it's not. Headmistress Lilith made Magic 101 mandatory for everyone. She thinks everyone should know the basics of magic, whether or not you are a magic-user."

"I guess that makes sense."

"Yea, you need to get tested first. There are written and oral versions of the test. Witches and fey usually do oral tests because they can do magic and spells. Everyone else usually chooses the written test. If you can show or know enough about magic, you can skip out of the class or go to the next level." She says.

"But I don't even know what I am?! I definitely will fail both." I tell her, getting a bit worried.

"Your case is definitely unique, but even if you fail both, you won't be the only beginner."

"Do you think you'll go to the next level?"

"I don't know, maybe I'll fail the test." She says, clearly lying since she's half-witch.

"I mean, your case is quite interesting, but you won't be the only beginner. There are a few others."

"Okay, so what classes do you think I should take?" I ask.

"Well, it's summer, so I recommend just taking two classes. If I were you, I would take Magic 101 and the History of Magic. You'll eventually talk to an advisor, but that's a good start." She states.

"This all sounds like something from a book!" I nearly yell.

"These classes will help you get caught up with everyone. You'll know a little more about magic and who you are," she says.

"I'm kinda excited about classes," I tell her, but it comes out as a whisper.

"It's okay to feel nervous. I even feel nervous. Sometimes, starting new things can be scary, but you'll be fine! You have nothing to worry about!"

"Yea."

I hear what Talia is saying and she's right. A part of me is excited about this new beginning this school has brought me. However, there's a part of me that thinks I'll make a total full of myself. I pick at the skin my by nails, a nervous habit I can't seem to break. "So, do you know anything about the teachers?"

"Someone didn't bother looking at the handbook." She jokes, sensing how nervous I actually am.

"I've been too busy coming to terms with witches and werewolves." I roll my eyes.

"Usually Luna Lightheart teaches Magic 101 and Marcellus Grimm teaches History of Magic. I've heard that Professor Lightheart is easygoing, but Professor Grimm is strict."

"I really don't how I feel about this." I continue.

"This is the start of something great! I can feel it!" she beams.