Ch~1

Kiko's POV~

I woke up to the ringing of my Alarm clock.
I lazily open my eyes and glance up at the Clock.

It says 5:45...

As much as I want to sleep in, I remember that it's a school day. I drag myself out of my bed and head to the bathroom.
I brush my teeth and take a bath.
After cleaning up, I put on my crisp ironed Uniform.
I then checked up phone and saw that my Aniki texted me.

Karma Ni:
Hey! Lil one.
I know you might be upset that I couldn't meet you yesterday, but I promise to make it up to you!

You:
I understand! Don't worry! I'll be heading to school in half an hour. Talk to you later.

It's been like this. Like this, ever since Karma Ni left for Job. I don't blame him.  He needs to fulfil his dreams.
I support him.

But the void in me gets bigger. Maa and Dad have always been away from our lives. The free birds are always in their world. They have a life beyond the children. So it's their choice but I still crave the family I never had.
I wish I had a normal family like my friends.

Whenever I go over to my best friend's home, I feel so warm.
I see her mother taking care of her and her brother.
They have dinner as a whole family...
It's just a little something I wish I had too in my life.

Even tho I have parents their presence feels like a stranger. I barely see them at home. Growing up Karma ni was my family.  Later, that family grew.

I had Koro-ni san, Ira ne san, Nagisa Ni...oops... Shiota Sensei.

I'm having problems adjusting to this new title for Nagisa Ni... Well, he joined as a Sensei in our school.
I don't complain because I get to see him almost every day! He reminds me of Koro ni.

Koro ni must have been extremely proud of Nagisa ni and the rest.

The whole E-class... No, the whole Assassination Classroom became my new family, but...

After Kori ni's death, things changed, I changed! Koro ni was the parental figure, I looked up to. When he left, I was devastated! I know it's not his fault but... I miss him..a lot!!

"I got guns in my head and they won't go... Spirits in my head and they go..."

The ringing of my phone pulled me out of my thoughts.
I stare at my phone.

It's my best friend... Tachibana Hinata.
I pick it up and her voice booms through, "Kiko!! Don't tell me you just woke up...
I've been standing outside your house and shouting your name for about 10 minutes now.
Please get ready soon. We are going to be late to school"

I sigh!
I guess I was too deeply invested in my thoughts that I didn't hear her calling me.

I reply, "Sorry Hina, I didn't hear you, and yes, I'm already ready."

I hang up and head downstairs. I meet with her and we head to school. As we started walking, Hina questions tells me about Hanagaki Kun, Hina's boyfriend.