12 ✿ To Tame The Tiger | kalhixo

Start from the beginning

your plot is heavily influenced by hinduism, which i am not familiar with. i felt disconnected from the themes you used. i'd have appreciated it if you explained things like a ganesha for readers like me, so we feel connected despite our cultural differences.

later on, the inciting incidents happens: teaming up abi and rudra. i think this part was executed very well. both of them acted arrogant by submitting different teams, and it caused things to get complicated even more. i was looking forward to see how that would be solved!

i love the way you approached sensitive topics like rape and panic attacks and incorporated them in your plot too. well done!

✿ characters (/20)

okay, i put into account the characters are 18.

i like abi a lot. i relate to him. everything that happened to him was like deja vu to me. i also liked the way you showed and expressed his feelings and anxiety. it was so realistic and well done.

until i discover the truth of his household. abi's mum: at first i thot she was a typical bitch mum and didn't give her much thot until i understood she harasses him, and oh gosh, that surprised me. it explained why he was overly flustered around her. it added a new dimension to his character. basically, the guy lives in a lie of gaslighting.

but i had yet to figure whether this addition to the story is pointless as you asked me. but i think it's worth it to say i was driven to think abi at home is different from abi at school. away from his mum, he has attitude and is more confident of what he says. she seems to have a weakening effect on him.

-

i like his friends too. i liked that he had friends to begin with, breaking this usual stereotype that people who study a lot don't have friends.

- Neysa is one of the only female characters in the female cast. Is she passive?

neysa, i made a comment about her. her confession came abrupt and uncalled for. i didn't know her yet, so i couldn't connect with her. that wasn't a nice first meeting. how about you introduce us better to neysa first before we experience her confession? if you do that, the way she acts will make more sense according to her character.

she also sounded pushy, prying on krishna's feelings for abi. overall, the confession wasn't executed well. it didn't give the vibes it's supposed to give, felt like a normal conversation you would have any day, which isn't how a confession of special feelings should be like.

-

rudra. couldn't see a lot of characterisation of him until he got his own pov. it was nothing impressive.