"You've got some guts seeking us out after what you've done. I'll give you one chance to explain yourself before I beat the shit out of you."
He said as he kept the cancer stick between his nonexistent lips.

While trying to calm down my hiccups, I collected my thoughts and recalled the details of that faithful day.

" When we were in that forest.. I heard a voice. I couldn't move, until I wasn't in control anymore. N-next thing I know, I woke up in a filthy cage inside of what looked like a surgery room. Then this-"

"Hold on, what voice?"
He asked, sounding somewhat concerned. It was day and night from what he was like just a moment ago.

"I later found out t-that the voice belonged to a little girl about the age of ten. She appeared next to me in the cage and told me her name was Chara."

G's iris flashed yellow for a moment as he heard the name. He looked at me and he calmed down. He put out the cigarette and flicked it on the floor. I cringed at that but tried to keep my face as unreadable as possible, fearing what he might do if I step out of line.

"(Y/n).. I can't believe you're the (Y/n)."
He said softly. The change in his demeanour freaked me out, so I just kept silent. Then, he kneeled down in front of me and offered me his boney hand.

Still too afraid to move, I shakily extended my arm, reaching for his with hesitation. As they made contact he gently and slowly pulled me into a hug. I was so confused, I didn't know what was going or what to do, so tears spilled once again and cried once again.

"W-what are you doing G, I-I don't know what this means... Stop playing on m-my heartstrings, it hurts."
I sobbed.

He ran his fingers through my hair as he held me close. I could tell he was deep in thought, because he was absentmindedly petting me. Before I could ask him about it, he already spoke up.

" If only I had known the truth, (Y/n), I would've made you mine long ago. I'm sorry..."
He almost whispered, pain lacing his words.

My heart leapt and fell at that statement. He loved me! But now he was taken... Fate can be really cruel and sadistic sometimes. I've wanted him for so long, and now that I can, he's off limits. I buried my head into his shoulder, hoping we could stay like that forever. All good things must come to an end though, and with that, G stood up and helped me get on my feet. We stood in silence and processed what had happened. Then, when I couldn't endure the silence any longer, I spoke up.

"This is it then, you're engaged."
I said bitterly, which he took notice of.

"It's not over yet (Y/n), we're going to make things right, you'll see. It's going to be okay."
He said with newfound determination.

Sadly, it didn't help me lift up my spirits.

"Hold on, Dove."
He comforted me.
"I promise I'll come back to you, this situation is only temporary. I know you feel trapped and small now, but you'll make it out alive."
G continued as he stepped closer and pulled me into a short, gentle hug.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything until he pulled away. G was at the door and about to step out when I suddenly blurted it out:
" I love you."
My face was burning up and my heart was racing while I was internally screaming. He stopped in his tracks and slowly turned to face me. I could see him crack a smile as he replied.
"Love ya too, Silly."

~~~

The next few days went on a bit unusually. Papyrus helped me get my own room, vouching for me and making himself accountable for my actions, which I promised I'd pay him back for. The atmosphere was tense, the uncertainty of the future could be felt amongst the residents of the base. Leaders and assistants had met up more often than before, even though their meetings never lasted long. G and his fiancé would often disappear into the unknown and spend a lot of time wherever they were. It made me anxious and unsure, but I had hope. In one of those days they invited me to come with them. While at first hesitant and slightly uncomfortable, Kate, whose name I found out later, managed to convince me that it was nothing personal or inappropriate, and so I came with. They were meeting in her room, which wasn't that far from my own, where they would discuss their plan to overthrow the US military. I admired their blatant insanity and bravery. Kate informed me about the true identity of my adoptive father, and it helped me fuel my haterd of him. They were discussing how they'd prove his guilt of many unethical and illegal actions. I remembered the documents that I acquired in that horrible facility, and offered to help them with what I had.