Chapter 12 - Darkness

Start from the beginning

Silvia nodded. "I called him that because of what you have explained."

"To think that anchor was the thing they needed to kill Kai." Laughed Shanks.

Ace and Sabo frowned. If Luffy had this ability, then why did he not save himself when they were younger. Luffy was always in some sort of trouble, but he never flied or used any angel/holy-like abilities.

"Little one." Voices said in unison. The voices seemed to be talking from the sky, so Luffy stared up at it. "We have heard you. You wish to get rid of the demon, then do so. You have the power. You have been chosen, by us. This is your fate, your destiny."

Luffy thought back to the dream meeting he had with a time goddess. "Was me being chosen by the gods, had to do anything with all my family dying?"

The voices replied, "It is necessary for the elimination of the demon. To awaken your ability, it was necessary."

"What the hell. That's messed up!" Thatch yelled. "He had to get his whole family killed, just to defeat the demon. Couldn't they think of another way to do it? He's too young to see that kind of sight!"

Chopper whispered, "Luffy... no wonder he has trauma..."

Robin nodded with a frown. "To find your family dead, then see the last one die in front of your eyes and after you find out that it happened because you were chosen for something you never wanted to be a part of."

"I'm guessing that's why he had an angry reaction once seeing Silvia." Sanji said seriously without noddle dancing for the lady.

Zoro added, "Probably thought that something similar was going to happen again to us."

"Wait, how did the marine even know of the place anyway-yoi?" Marco questioned.

They all looked towards Silvia for the answers, which she only sighed to. "The gods lead him to the island."

"WHAT?!"

"Why would they do that!? Their asking for the island to get destroyed!" Exclaimed Coby.

"That's what they wanted, sort of." Silvia answered, silencing the whole room. "We wanted to get rid of the demon, so we had to set it free. Obliviously, the villagers weren't going to set it free, so we got someone from the outside to do it for us. We started to plan this when the little angel was born, since he was the person who would get rid of it. He was chosen by the will and the gods."

"You planned this when he was born?" Whitebeard asked. "He would be too young to fight."

Silvia nodded. "We knew that, but the elders of the gods wanted to get rid of Kai as fast as possible. Some of us tried to stop it, but we could only delay the battle. Anyway, all of us knew what needed to be done to kill the demon. The chosen must have overwhelming emotions to unlock the ability, so the gods watched little angel as he grew up, noting down what he loved. Only to kill and destroy them to unleash the angel."

"That's sick!" Shouted Ace. Sabo, the strawhats and many others agreed. Just to get rid of a demon, they had to kill and destroy what Luffy cherished.

"But, if we didn't do that, the world would come to an end." Silvia reminded. "Their deaths were meaningful."

"But if you didn't led Zen to the island, then he wouldn't have released Kai." Sabo said. "Kai was sealed and couldn't do anything, yet you were greedy and tried to kill him, getting Luffy trauma, sadness, anger and hatred."

Silvia looked down. "That is also true. Though, I came here to save little angel to repay him for the sacrifices he had to make for that battle."

People clicked their tongues, but the conversation stopped there. Though the anger and disappointment towards the gods reminded. Ace hated his father and nobles, but now he hated the gods more. How could they just toy with people's lives?