Chapter 18

"So when can I get out of here?" I asked the nurse as she checked my IV. "Wherever here is.." I realized I never asked where they had taken me. Steve made a run to get clothes for me so I can be more comfortable. Bucky was in the cafeteria with Clint getting food. I swear those two think of nothing but food. The nurse shot me a small smile.

"The doctor wants you to stay for a few more nights as a precaution. You need as much rest as possible." She picked up a needle and injected it into the tubing of the IV. "Also, you are about a mile outside of your village."

"Oh.." I mumbled and looked around. "Do you know what has happened at the palace since I've been out?"

"The palace was destroyed in the war." She answered shortly, gathering some data from my AKG machine.

"I know that.. I mean my people. Were there any casualties? Or has anyone made any announcement of what's going to happen? Who was my stand in while I was down?" I threw questions at her. She looked a bit annoyed at me as Steve entered the room with a shopping bag. I looked over to him as I watched the nurse sneak out behind him. My brows furrowed as I saw her disappear. Steve looked behind him and back at me.

"Everything okay?" He asked, as he walked over to me. I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded.

"Ye-yeah. Everything's perfect." I told him and smiled at him. My eyes dart to the bag in his hand. "What'd you get me?" He grinned at me, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Stark gave me his credit card so I got you some comfy pajamas so you can get out of that hospital gown." He pulled out a light blue silk pajama top with green pants that had a gold design at the ankle. They were the traditional pjs in India.

"Did Natasha help you pick them out?" I asked him as I sat up. He gave me a guilty look.

"Is it that obvious?" I smiled at him. He chuckled in return. "Well, let's get you dressed, baby girl." He leaned over and kissed my cheek as I went to get up, taking the pjs from his hands. As I stood up, I felt a bit light headed, pausing to catch my bearings. "You okay?" Steve asked as he stood up and held my arm to balance me.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just got up too fast I guess." I told him with a smile. He nodded, letting my arm go so I could make my way to the little bathroom attached to my room, dragging my IV Pole with me. Thankfully I knew how to unhook the Needle of the IV from the tubing to slide my shirt on to me. I noticed folded neatly in between the top and bottoms is a red lacey thong. Freaking Natasha. I shook my head and laughed. I hate thongs, I was more than happy with my cotton hip huggers or bikini bottoms. Even the occasional granny panties when I lived in Rhode Island and didn't have laundry caught up.

I noticed in the mirror the messy braid that Clint had done last time he had brushed my hair. Running my fingers through it to release the natural waves from the constricting weave, I looked at my face. I had shadows under my eyes. Little specks of blue floated around my brown eyes, as if ready to jump in for a fight. Turning the facet on, I splashed some cool water on my face, getting the little bit of dirt off my face. I dried my face and looked into the mirror again. My face seemed paler.

That's when my eyes flashed the pale blue, my veins blackened for a minute. My breath caught in my throat as I tried to breath, feeling light headed again. I reached out and grabbed onto the counter as I fell down trying to catch myself. A small thud sounded in the room as I landed on the ground.

"Danny?!" I heard Steve yell as Bucky shoved the door open and kneeled next to me.

"What happened, doll? Breath it's okay. We're here now." Bucky asked, his voice full of concern. I held my head as it throbbed, my breathing returning slowly.