Chapter 17

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a voice speak, it sounded a lot like Steve. Concern was dripping from his voice. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. I was so tired. My body felt so heavy.

"She used a lot of power and the Bone of Mrtyu drained her of some of her powers. Since her powers is a natural energy, it's as if she ran a few marathons on no sleep. She just needs plenty of rest. But her vitals are strong, the scans showed active brain activity as well." I heard a female say. Maybe a nurse or a doctor? Not one I recognized. My palace was destroyed.. Where am I then?

There was silence for a bit, I felt something cold go into my veins, maybe an IV? Medicine? I could nearly taste the bitterness from the IV. If I could move I would definitely be grimacing.

"She can hear you talk if you want to talk to her." The woman said. I could only imagine Steve was staring at me. I heard someone leave the room. Did Steve leave? Was Bucky here too? I really wish I could open my eyes right now.

"Rest, baby girl. I'll be back in a bit." I heard someone whisper, it was definitely Steve. I felt someone press their lips to my forehead before leaving.

What had happened? I remember bits here and there. I killed Scrye. I broke the Bone of Mrtyu. That's the last thing I remember. I'm so tired. Did that lady drug me? My brain went a bit hazy before I fell into a light sleep.

------

"I don't know if you can hear me, but you did it Ms. Varma." I heard someone young talking to me. It kind of sounded like Peter. He's such a sweet kid. I felt someone touch my forearm gently and hesitantly. "You need to wake up soon though, okay? Mr. Rogers and Mr. Barnes are really freaking out." My heart lurched at that. They were worried for me. "Mr. Barnes doesn't really leave your side. I sent him out for a shower though. Mr. Rogers-" He stopped. Why did he stop? I heard him sigh. "I think it hurts him to see you like this. Maybe thinks he could have helped or something." He paused for a minute. "But Tony and Natasha are taking care of him. Clint and I are in charge of Mr. Barnes. Making sure they are fed and showered. I think I should ask Mr. Stark if this is part of my internship..." I wish I could have laughed. Peter was basically babysitting my mate. I'll have to thank him for that when I wake up.

I heard him sigh before pulling his hand off of my arm. "I should go check on Mr. Barnes now. He might of fallen asleep while eating or something." I heard Peter stand up and nothing for a minute. "Please, wake up soon..." He sighed before walking out the door and sliding it shut. Sleep took over again.

-------

"Hey, doll.." I heard someone speak up. Bucky. I had no doubts that it was anyone else. "It's been a few days now..." He trailed off. I felt his warm hand grab mine and squeeze it. "I know you're tired...But we need you. I miss you." I heard his voice crack a little. I tried to squeeze his hand back, but I had no strength still. "Clint and that Parker kid are getting on my nerves now.. Making me go shower and eat.. I don't want to miss it when you open those beautiful eyes of yours." He said with a bit of dreamy tone. "God, I miss those beautiful brown eyes. Even when they are blue, they are the prettiest eyes I've ever seen.." I heard him chuckle. "Even prettier than Steve's eyes." I could hear the humor in his voice. He was trying to make light of the situation.

I heard him sigh. His thumb rubbing circles on my hand. "I love you, Danny..." He whispered. My heart jumped at his words. We never said that word.. God damn it why can't I just open my eyes! OPEN DAMN IT! DO SOMETHING!!! REACT! My finger twitched. I heard his breath get caught in his throat. "Danny?" He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I tried to do it again, but I couldn't. That took a lot of energy. God, I'm so tired..

--------

I felt someone brushing my hair out for me, being as gentle as they could. My thoughts instantly thoughts of Natasha.