Chapter 11 - Death

Start from the beginning

"Everyone, focus on leaving attacks on Kai that can't heal. Like the vines." Tony ordered.

"Understood!" They shouted.

Yuko couldn't do that by himself, but it didn't matter. His job was to rescue Luffy, Though Chris also couldn't do it, he just had to make sure that the lightning didn't fade away. They all attacked doing more damage than before.

Kai clicked his tongue and pulled out all the vines that had pierced him. He healed himself, but more attacks came towards him. While looking around, he noticed that one of the group members was missing. He searched for her and found her running towards the destroyed village with a desperate expression on her face.

He studied her and a mocking smile appeared on his face.

'So, they're planning on summoning a winged pest, huh?' Kai smirked and quit pulling out the weapons on his sides. He wasn't going to let them do as they please.

Kai snapped his fingers, and the lasers were back in action, but it didn't attack the people hurting him. The whole team watched as the lasers were heading in one direction, towards the village. They immediately knew what the demon was after. They all wanted to turn back and help, but they were too far from Maria, all they could do was try and warn her.

Once Maria heard the screams, it was too late. She had the same fate as Clare. All the beams hit her, and her lifeless body dropped to the ground.

"MARIA!"

"That's so cowardly!" Exclaimed Ace as he was fuming. "He shouldn't just pick them off one by one! He's a bloody demon!"

Akainu muttered, "And so are you and that strawhat."

Even though it was a mutter, Ace and others could still hear it. Ace jumped up ready to punch the dude, but Sabo grabbed him before Ace was going to get all of them killed. Silvia was glaring at all of them badly, knowing that this would start a fight and she wasn't going to have any of that.

"Ace calm down!" Whispered-shouted Sabo in Ace's ear. "You're going to get us in trouble. Just ignore the guy and focus on helping Luffy! Remember Luffy's in trouble."

Ace stopped struggling and sat back down. He huffed and puffed his cheeks. "Only for Luffy."

Sabo giggled. 'Ace has gotten soft.'

They all turned back to glare at Kai as he was laughing his head off. He was enjoying their expressions and reactions. He was enjoying this in total. Tony fought back tears and held strong. He was the main leader of this group and in his position, he had to stay strong.

"Focus on Kai and get Luffy out." He ordered. "Don't let their sacrifice be in vain!"

"Right!"

They needed to summon the angel, but can they even escape the demon's wrath? First, they would save Luffy and then try and get the angel. If they all tried and get the angel summoning scroll, but failed and died, Luffy was going to be stuck in the demon forever. Kai would only grow stronger. Though if they at least tried to get Luffy out, they might be able to do it.

All of them were aiming to get to the toddler, who at the moment was still in his dream with the goddess. Chris and Lea were on the front lines with the twins behind them. Makino and Tony were restricting as much movement the demon could do, though it did help, they couldn't hold all his movements.

Kai looked down to the warriors coming towards him and smiled. He wanted some fun. Clicking his fingers, swords came around him and soared towards the group of four. They all dodged while closing the distance, but they were outnumbered.