"Understood," I responded.

Watts walked over to one of the IV drips and examined it closely.

"Good. There still some fluid left. Sometimes people will be low on fluid and oxygen while under surgery like these. But I've kept enough for you today. Now, if you would kindly lay down on the operation table, we can get started."

I did as told and laid down, looking at the blinding white ceiling above me. And then I felt a prick in my neck and winced in pain.

"Hey! What the..."

My eye suddenly felt heavy and before I knew it, everything had gone black.

I started to come to eventually. I could hear Watts mumbling something about how the operation was successful. But I couldn't hear much. I was in some sort of pod-like machine. It was filled with a white aura... my aura.

I saw Watts walking to the heart monitor to check my vitals. He nodded approvingly and turned to look at me.

"Ah, so you're awake," he said. "It looks like your injuries have healed nicely now. So I'm going to turn off the aura pod. Your aura should transfer back to your body in just a few moments."

I watched as he typed in something on the keypad of his scroll. I could feel my aura being absorbed through my body again. And soon after that, I heard the hum of the aura machine stop. The door opened and I stepped out.

"Well?" Watts asked, "How do you feel?"

"I feel better. And my new eye... I can finally see again. That's a relief," I told him.

"Ah yes, took me a bit to figure out how to make your prosthetic work to see color, but I think I've figured it out."

"Well, you did a wonderful job," I told him. "How much do I owe you?"

"Not to worry. The Lien you've sent me should cover it. As for your eye, you'll need to train with it. Like I've mentioned before, this new piece of technology will allow you to see through absolute darkness. And it'll help with combat as well. It can detect illusions that other huntsman use as their semblance. And...you might be able to use those silver eyed powers—"

I quickly covered his mouth.
"Don't you ever mention silver eyes to me again," I snapped. "And besides, my eye are an amber color now."

I removed my hand and Watts glared at me. "Well, excuse me for trying to help. ...And that isn't really an amber eye. That is a contact lens.

I walked closer to him, until our faces were nearly touching.

"Look," I said, staring directly into his eyes. "I'm not a huntress anymore. I gave that up long ago. Surely you should know that by now. So there's no use in using my power. If I even can. This prosthetic eye isn't silver. It's a robotic. So it might not even work!"

Watts sighed. "You make a good point. I'm just glad the operation was successful. But as for training your eye, you'll need to figure that out on your own."

"I can do that," I told him. "I appreciate the help, doctor. I think I'll be leaving now."

"Would you like me to escort you out of the facility?" he asked.

I nodded. "I'll take that offer. Or else I'll end up being lost."

Watts led me back down the corridor and towards to side entrance. We said our mutual goodbyes and then went our separate ways.

I got back to the house really late. Neo was passed out on the couch. And Roman was still studying the military base.

"I'm back," I told him.

He turned to look at me.
"Nice prosthetic you got there," he told me. "Should I call you a cyborg now?"

I hit him hard on the back of his head, causing his hat to fall off.

"Don't ever call me that!" I snapped.

Roman quickly grabbed his hat.
"Alright, I'm sorry. I was joking!"

I leaned closer to his view of the military base.

"Why are you still looking at that?" I asked.

"There's not much else to do," he said. "And I've found more weak spots if we ever need to break into it."

I smiled. "That's good. I think I'll get some sleep. You should too."

Roman nodded. "Yeah. I'll get on it."

I walked into the back where my room was and shit the door behind me. I kept repeating the conversation Watts and I had...

Branwen... that name sounded so familiar. But I couldn't remember at all...

I laid down and closed my eyes. "I'll start my training tomorrow," I whispered, as I slowly drifted to sleep.