Thirty Two

Dylan

December 23rd, 2021

Today was the day, I am proposing to Imani. We have been through hell and back since we were sixteen. I want her to be Mrs. Dylan Rhodes O'Brien so she will be. I woke up early as fuck today because I was making her breakfast and for some reason she gets up at the ass crack of dawn.

We have been seeing a therapist, Christine, she is around forty-late forties. Christine sees us individually and together. Today was her individual session and I was up making her breakfast, while listening to one of my favorite artists Earth Wind and Fire. It was also Christmas time, so our house was decorated and it looked like Christmas threw up everywhere.

I made her avocado toast, turkey sausage and her protein smoothie. I packed it all on a tray and brought it up to her.

She was still sleeping while He-Man and the Master's of The Universe played in the background. It helps her sleep and have nice dreams so I adjusted for her.

I placed the tray near the foot of the bed and woke her up with kisses. She started stirring and smiling in her sleep. "Dyldo, what are you doing?"

"I am treating my lovely girlfriend to breakfast in bed." I kissed the top of her head. "Now I am going to run your bath."

Ten minutes after running her bath, I watch her as she's enjoying her meal and looking at Netflix. I added some rose petals and some of her Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt.

A few minutes after she was done eating, she made her way to the bathroom. I had her Spotify playing as she admired the bath I made.

"Dylan. You're so sweet. I love you." She hugs me and I caressed her back. "Alright, after therapy today, you want to look at animals?"

"Sure baby, whatever you want." I said, letting her get undressed and stepping out.

My phone was ringing and it was Amala. "Yeah, so I got the lanterns and the canoes. I rented like forty- is that enough?"

"That should be perfect, she's in the bath now." I said, in a hushed whisper going downstairs.

"I hear the Sade in the background. So Di and I are going to come pick her up so she can get her nails and toes done, like we planned." Doja says, while I was cleaning up the living room.

"You guys will text me when she's on the way. Vic and I are setting up the lake and also lighting a million lanters." I sighed and took a seat on the couch. Waiting for the love of my life to get ready.

Imani

I was in the bath and I felt completely serene. These last couple of weeks have been hell, Dylan and I arguing about petty shit, him being kidnapped and beaten for days, my childhood gone wrong.

This bath was the one thing I needed right now.

I need Dylan forever. This bath is temporary but the hold Dylan will have over me- will last lifetimes.

Even at the lowest point of our lives we had each other.

My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Hello."

"Hey, Ima. I was calling to let you know, we're releasing the song today." Abel says, causing me to cheer.

"Abe, that is wonderful! Alright so are we having a listening party or.. livestream?" I asked.

"No, we're just going to release it at midnight and the video the next day. That way it'll be trending for the while." He said.

"That is smart. I love the idea." I started to drain the water and Dylan had left my robe next to me. I stepped out of the tub, onto the rug and slipped into my robe. I had a hair appointment today and Di and Amala wanted to get our nails done together.