--- John’s POV---

“You let her out on her own. Nice.” Edward snickered at me after Kat ran into the hospital. I looked over at the man who had been quite a nice companion, almost good friend, and was infuriated.

“And you would have done something differently?” I raised an eyebrow, trying to keep an even tone.

“Yes.” He nodded, glancing back at his screens of the city. Kat fell in front of the kid she had brought to the hospital and started crying. The Commissioner walked in soon after, taking her from the hospital. “Not only do the police know that she’s alive, so does everyone else in Gotham.”

“They’d have figured it out sooner or later Edward. I’m surprised you hadn’t found her before I did.” I chuckled at his red face. If there was one thing he hated, it was being bested at knowledge.

“I had my suspicions, but I couldn’t very well send Luna, or myself for that matter, into the depths of Gotham with two dangerous persons in that area.” He sighed deeply. “Speaking of which,” he mumbled to himself, looking at one of the screens nearer me. “What is the moon up to now?” he mused. Luna ran across the screen, looking perfectly fine and unafraid.

“You sent her out when Joker was playing? What happened to ‘you’d have done better?’”

“She was in the city before that idiot showed up on any of my monitors.” He growled at me, fingers tapping on his desk.

“Well,” I turned to his door.

“John.” Edward called back to me. I turned around to see his eyes swirling in thought and fear…“Keep her safe.”

“I thought you didn’t care about her anymore Edward?” I smirked. “Thought she was a mere distraction.”

“I never said that.” He once more glared at me; a safe distance from my toxins. “She’s going to be in a lot of trouble if what you told me is true.”

“I know.” I nodded shortly. “She’ll come around from wanting to kill you, you know.” I chuckled and was answered with one of his own snorts.

“I’ll take my chances with the Bat.”

“Goodbye Edward.”

“See you soon Jonathan.”

--- Tim’s POV---

“Alfred, where’s the milk?” I groggily called from the fridge. I don’t know what it is about Saturdays, but it feels like I can never get any sleep the previous night.

“It’s already sitting on the countertop Master Drake.” Alfred answered from the living room distractedly.

I shut the fridge door and made my way over to the open room. Alfred was standing in front of the TV with the remote firmly in his hand. I couldn’t see around him so I picked up a remote for the speakers, turning up the volume to at least hear what was going on.

“That won’t work Tim, the mic’s are out.” Alfred one more sounded zombie like as he watched the screen. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before walking up beside him. I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn’t imagining anything.

“What in the world is this Alf?” My mind tried to make sense of what I was seeing.

There was this girl wearing black converse facing Joker. All we could see were their shoulders and down, and it was quite troublesome. The girl wore black shorts with a white and brown shirt; her long brown hair was blowing in the wind. Joker started jumping from foot to foot before pulling out a gun. The girl pointed a hand at him, not that that action itself was threatening. The threat was the sparks dancing around her hand; which quickly shot out at the deluded man, knocking him to the ground. She bent down to grab the keys for something and glanced at the camera.