Chapter 26: Found and ready to get picked up

It was Yu Ri who pulled Yi Jeong away from the fans and into a safe distance.
„They are already clearing the area! I have to go back in to get Shin Ju's book. Are you okay?" she asked, but Yi Jeong was just staring into a void.
"Hey... Yi Jeong-Nim..." he wasn't reacting and she just placed him on a public bench. "You stay here, I'll be back in a minute." with that said, she hurried back into the building.

Yi Jeong looked at his hands. His palms still felt warm from touching Woo Bin. He was so close but now he was gone again..
For the first time, it actually felt real that Woo Bin was back. That guy was the one he used to fall asleep with and the one he woke up next to for so long, he wasn't even able to sleep alone anymore.
Was Woo Bin able to sleep alone? Was he missing anything at all?

"You didn't even look at me.." Yi Jeong mumbled and clenched his fists. He bit his tongue to keep his jaw from trembling. He knew he was a stranger to Woo Bin and tried hard to not take it personal, but it hurt.

"Hey... I got the book.. Don't you want to go after the car?" Yu Ri asked and Yi Jeong breathed in through his nose because he was holding his breath until Yu Ri made him snap out.

"He didn't even look at me..." he said again and Yu Ri rolled her eyes.

"Because he's an idiot and you shouldn't put too much weight on that. Seeing us triggered something, didn't it? Oh..and I looked for it but I couldn't find the fox.." now she looked really upset and a vague smile flashed over Yi Jeong's lips.

"He has it. And he has the jacket. I wrote his name on the inner lining.."

"Like for a three year old?" Yu Ri asked and Yi Jeong choked a laugh. "I thought maybe if he reads his name, he realizes that his name isn't Yi Jeong."

"Or he starts calling you Woo Bin..." she said dryly and then whined: "Please don't get more confusing with the names... I needed so long to get used to call you Yi Jeong..."

Yi Jeong stood up with a smile and kissed her on the cheek.

"What was that for?" she pouted and he gave her a brief hug. "For being you." he said and she eyed him suspiciously.

"I need to be alone for a bit.. Clear my head.."

"You don't want to go get your stuff back? You know where he lives.. You have a reason to meet him now."

Yi Jeong sighed. "I know. I just want to give him some time.. The fox brought us together.. The jacket is his favorite.. I couldn't give him anything better. Now please let me wander around a bit and pity myself, okay?"

Now Yu Ri laughed.
"Whatever.. Just don't forget that you can actually finally stop being sad. He won't fall in love with that face if he can't remember you at all."

Yi Jeong stuck his tongue out like a toddler and walked away. Yu Ri was yelling something at him but he wasn't turning around, just waving his hand to signalize he didn't care what she had to say.

Sure, he could go after Woo Bin now, but he was too afraid to find out how Woo Bin would look at him the next time and he felt too vulnerable to be handsome enough to set his heart on fire.

-

Meanwhile in the car that drove the Flower Boys back to their apartment, Woo Bin was searching through the pockets of the leather jacket, hoping to find anything useful that led him to his savior.

"And that guy's name was Yi Jeong? Are you sure it wasn't just someone calling your name?" Ji Hoo asked from the front seat but Woo Bin shook his head.

"No, I am absolutely sure. That guy brought all kinds of weird stuff... He gave me a book to sign and it already had an autograph with a personal note to a Shin Ju." he leaned over to Jun Pyo and whispered: "It was the same scent like outside the studio and our apartment. I looked up and I saw that woman.. I thought it was her.."
Woo Bin cleared his throat to keep talking in a normal voice and Ji Hoo rolled his eyes with a smile.
"It's okay.. I know you two share some secret. I don't need to know everything so I won't ask questions. You can keep talking normally and I keep pretending I don't listen." Ji Hoo assured and turned back to look outside the front window.