Chapter 6: Doppelgänger

"Dr. Park. We got the results from the blood test for So Yi Jeong.. I think something went wrong, have you ever seen such results?" the assistant handed over the paper and the Doctor took a closer look.

"Not with a human blood sample... Maybe it got contaminated or switched? We should call Mr. So Yi Jeong in to take the sample again." he said and was about to take some notes, as a man's face suddenly appeared in the door frame.

"Help! A woman collapsed!" he said and the assistant hurried to the waiting room.

The man stayed and closed the door behind him, and before the Doctor was able to react, he was standing in front of him, grabbing his face.

"You won't remember any of this when I'm gone. So Yi Jeong has never been here and you never saw these papers." he said and took the blood sample and papers from the Doctor, before he left as fast as he appeared.
The woman in the waiting room, who was faking a seizure, suddenly felt much better and followed the man.

"You got it? How was I? Should I become an actress?" Yu Ri asked excitedly and Yi Yeon gave her a smile for the effort. "Well.. It served the purpose." he said and showed her the blood sample, before he let it vanish in the pocket of his coat.

"Stupid Rang... I was waiting outside three days to not miss when they get the results." he complained.

"Did he never get tested as a child?" Yu Ri kept asking and Yi Yeon shrugged. "I was fully human for a while.. I assume it is the same for him." he studied the sheets and found the contact paper. "One more good thing, I finally have his phone number." he smiled.

"Can I call him? I need more practice! Please?" Yu Ri whined with a cute smile and Yi Yeon handed over the phone with a sigh.

"His name is So Yi Jeong! Yi Jeong!" he reminded her and she rolled her eyes before she pushed the button to dial the number Yi Yeon had already typed in. Yu Ri squealed out of pure excitement to be able to talk to her savior, but her face turned super serious the moment someone picked up.

"Yes, hello Mr. So Yi Jeong, this is the doctor's office. I am calling to inform you, that your blood test results are in and there is nothing unusual in your sample. No, you have nothing to worry about. Yes, have a nice day." she ended the call and looked at Yi Yeon. "I'm sorry, I tried to sound like Shin Ju but.."

"You did okay." Yi Yeon smiled. "You actually sounded a bit like him." he said, followed by an exhausted sigh.
Yi Yeon wasn't sure how to do it, yet, but he felt that they couldn't keep this up much longer.
They could try and protect Yi Rang from danger, but they couldn't protect him from himself.
He must have started to feel the change, otherwise he wouldn't go to see a doctor to check if something was wrong with him.
He looked at Yu Ri, who looked happy but upset at the same time. She tried to stay strong, but his brother meant so much to her. He saved her and became her mentor and only family for years...
Until she met Shin Ju and fell in love, but that hadn't changed that Yi Rang was important enough to her, that she would give her life for him. Her family had four members and one was missing.

"Yu Ri..." he started and she looked at him with questioning eyes.

"I think... We should tell him soon. It's the safest way for him. I think he trusts none of our faces by now, so I will think of a way how to tell him without traumatizing him all over again. Can you tell the others to just.. stay back and wait a little longer? I promise, you're the first I'll call."

Yu Ri wasn't sure if she heard right and blinked twice, a million questions written all over her face, but Yi Yeon just gave her a soft smile and she understood. She understood, that she heard right and her precious Yi Rang would become part of her life again.