Chapter 12: Game changer

It was about two hours later, when Woo Bin found himself standing in front of the giant, high class apartment building he remembered just too well from breaking in, a few days ago.
He wasn't even sure if Ji Ah was back yet, but for some reason he felt the need to talk to someone who understood his problems. He couldn't talk to Chi Un about her son, suddenly being half fox with nine tails, on the way to his old home forest with his Gumiho brother.
He barely knew Ji Ah, so he felt uncomfortable doing this, but on the other hand, he wanted to talk and he knew no one else who could understand him better.

Still hesitating whether to go in or go home, he suddenly needed to pee so badly, there was not much choice left and he entered the building in a hurry. He remembered the way easily and when he reached the apartment, he unintentionally rang the bell two times. Ji Ah looked a bit surprised, seeing him again so soon, when she opened the door.

„Woo Bin-Nim... Are you okay?" she asked, because he looked a bit stressed.

„Uhm.. Hi. Actually.. I wasn't sure if I should come here or not but now I need to use your bathroom.. Could I use your bathroom...please?" he asked helplessly, shifting his balance from one foot to the other and she laughed. „Come in. I just prepared tea!"

„Please don't mention tea.." he said, dropped his bags, kicked off his shoes and rushed into the bathroom.
It took Woo Bin a while to come out, because he felt so awkward, but also still in the need to talk.
He splashed a bit cold water into his face and looked at his own reflection in the mirror.

Woo Bin never saw himself as very attractive. Usually, he was pretty self confident, but it was easy to forget one's own flaws, if someone like Yi Jeong looked at you like you were the most wonderful creature on the planet on a daily base.
Now that already not from this world handsome Yi Jeong was even more than just that.
He was developing powers Woo Bin couldn't even dream of.
And he was still just Song Woo Bin.

„Woo Bin-Nim? Are you alright?" Ji Ah's voice broke his train of thoughts and brought him back to reality.

„I'm okay. Just give me a minute..please." he said and tried to fix his messy hair.
He really looked like a mess.. The last weeks full of worries showed on his face. His skin was a mess and he had dark circles under his eyes. It was a miracle, Yi Jeong was still attracted to him.

„Take your time." she said, „It's okay if you only use the bathroom and leave."

„No..." Woo Bin opened the door and looked right into her gentle eyes. „No, I really want to talk. I'm just.. not so good with people.."

Now Ji Ah took a closer look at Woo Bin. He was nervously kneading his fingers, avoiding eye contact. It was weird, because Yi Yeon never mentioned he was a shy person. He had an interesting face, almost too handsome to be human and she understood how it was easy to fall for him. She also understood why Yi Yeon thought he could be a Gumiho. There was something about him. It was just a gut feeling, but she decided to not bother him for now.

„I think you are doing great so far." she smiled, "Come on, you will feel better after a cup of tea. You don't have to talk. Just, catch a breath."

Woo Bin nodded with a hesitant smile and followed her. He sat down on the couch and pulled the shopping bag onto his lap, so he had something to hold on to.

„Yong Gi is taking a nap." she mentioned, while pouring tea into two cups, handing one over.
"Did you find your sweater?"

Woo Bin breathed in the calming scent of the steam and took a little sip.

"Ah. Yes." now he smiled and seemed to relax a little. "It's the one that got ruined when Yi Jeong transformed into a fox for the first time. I just got it for him so, it was easy to get a replacement."