“I..I was thinking you know...You haven’t watched movies. So I was..have..I have brought my laptop. We can watch a movie if you want and if you don’t then...,” I started rambling to make him stop staring at me, looking anywhere but his eyes.

“I would love to,” he cut me off and cupped both of my cheeks, making me look at him. He had a smile floating across his face.

“Which one do you have on your mind?” He curled his fingers in my hair and gave me an Eskimo kiss, causing butterflies to erupt inside my stomach.

“The notebook?” I breathed out.

He planted his lips on mine. “The Notebook it is,” he whispered softly against my lips before kissing them briefly and pulling away.

He led me to his bed. I was about to climb up the bed when I remembered I had to make popcorn. I turned towards him.

“I..I forgot.. I have to make popcorn. I’ll be back in a minute,” I told him before fishing the packet from my bag. A ghost of a smile appeared on his face as he watched me hurrying out of his room.

I tore the packet and placed the corn Kernel inside the microwave. Out of habit, my fingers started to drum against the countertop as I waited for the popcorn. Barely a couple of minutes had flown by when I felt the familiar heat engulfing me like a blaze of fires. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder.

“I love seeing you cooking for me,” he expressed. I was well too aware of his naked chest pressing hard against my back. I so wanted to melt into him.

“This place comes alive when you are here,” he confessed huskily while drawing circles on my clothed waist, making my heart skip a beat. Why just why he had to be so sweet.

He started peppering feathery kisses across my shoulder blade. I curled my fingers, struggling not to lose touch with reality. The soft beep echoed in the room. In the haste of taking the tray out, my finger burnt.

“Aah,” I hissed as the hot plate scorched my finger.

“You okay?” he immediately snatched my hand in his and started examining the burn with a concerned look.

He steered me towards the sink and opened the tap, causing water to pour down on my finger.

“You should be careful, Rose,” he tried to sound calm but I detected a tinge of agitation in his tone.

“I am okay. It’s just a small burn. It doesn’t even hurt much,” I looked over and assured him with a smile. He didn’t reciprocate.

“Tell me you are not always this careless,” concern flitted through his features as he sought my eyes for an answer. The concern in his eyes warmed my heart.

“No, I am not,” I replied truthfully. I am not careless. I can’t afford to be that. But when I am with him I can’t care less about other things, anything.

“ You do know that I am a nurse,” I tried to lighten his mood. I also realized I had never told him about my profession.

“No. You never told me,” he answered, intrigued.

“Well, I am in my training period right now. But after three months I’ll become a professional. Umm….do you have ice?” I asked as he closed the tap.

“One minute,” he stalked over to his refrigerator and took out a tray of ice. He was wearing sweatpants now.

He hoarded the ice cubes in a piece of cloth and pressed them gently on my finger.

“Better?” he asked. I nodded. I wasn’t even feeling the pain. This burn was nothing in comparison to the chemical burns I used to get in my school days.