Chapter - 21

The tiny, bright Olivia. The one every person idolized and wanted to be friends with that Olivia was lying here crying profusely, trembling in Nadia's arms. Her tears drenching the front of Nadia's now drying jacket.

But Nadia didn't care. She pushed her questions from her head for now. She patted Olivia's head and said as soothingly as she could manage, "Its okay. You are okay now." She schooled her own turmoil and focused on comforting Olivia first and foremost.

Nadia looked her over for any signs of injury but Olivia looked unhurt. The poor girl was bound and gagged here for god knows how long.

They needed to get her out of here. How did she even come in? Who bound her?

Nadia looked back at Falcon, "We need to get her out of here."

Falcon made no move to assist them.

Olivia glanced behind Nadia and froze. Her face draining of color. She said weekly, "You.."

Did they know each other? That wasn't important right now. Nadia repeated urgently, "Falcon what are you just standing there for? We need to help her. "

"Not long. Only a few hours." Falcon replied curtly.

"How would you.." Nadia stopped. She let go off Olivia and spun around. "You put her here?"

Falcon nodded.

Nadia was at a loss for words. She gaped at him in utter disbelief. He didn't seem even a little fazed.

Anger flooded in her. She stepped forward and pushed him roughly, "What were you thinking? How could you do this?" She screamed.

Falcon clasped her hands before she could push him again,"This is the only way. You know who she is, right?"

"You left her bound in the dark for hours!"

"She is that governor's daughter. His only weakness. It is a necessary step to ensure we get out of this place alive"

So this was his great escape plan? How he didn't seem to be afraid of the guards?

This was insane. He was insane.

Nadia jerked her hand free from his grip and backed away. Her body shielding Olivia .

"Whatever you are planning. I wont let you do it."

"I am not going to hurt her , miss." he snapped irritably.

"No you are not. You have done enough. I am getting her out of here." her tone just as sharp.

"How?" Falcon questioned.

Nadia grimaced. Indeed. How?

Falcon shook his head and made his way to the edge of the cave. He sat down and sighed deeply. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would react this way."

"What way? Like a decent human?"

"You know her father better than I do. Tell me miss, when has he ever been human? He kills people when he feels like. Treats South Kua people like trash. Extorts money. All the worse things."

"That doesn't mean you will kidnap his daughter!"

"We need leverage. To get out of here. I wont hurt her. If I wanted to I would not have invited you. The bounding was only to assume she doesn't run away or scream to attract attention. Once we are done , I am going to let her go back home." he said in a placating voice.

"and this excuses the way you treat her? There should have been another way."

"If there was, I would have done it. That man only seems to care about her."