After what seemed like an hour but was hardly a minute, he stepped away, averted his gaze, and walked off without uttering a single word.

She let out a breath of relief. She was convinced she had done something wrong otherwise why would he stare at her as if he intended to eat her up. 

..............

The small party had succeeded in bringing a big smile to Angela's face. The little girl had made new friends today. Her excitement was on a whole new level. Despite the tedious day, she was buzzing with energy. The little girl couldn't stop talking about her new friends with Ara. She had learned everything about them from their favorite game to their favorite food. The little girl was brimming with joy after finding some friends. It took Ara couple hours and two bedtime stories to get her asleep. 

The mansion was sound asleep by the time she got out of Angela's room. She started walking towards her room which was next to Angela when she heard a pained mewl coming from the hall. The girl stood frozen to her spot as her ears perked up. The sound came again, stroking her curiosity. She was a curious cat and she knew it was going to get her into a big big mess someday but still, her curiosity would always get the best of her. She couldn't stop her feet from striding towards the hall and find out the source. There wasn't much light except for a dim yellow light that emanated from a fancy lamp. 

Her eyes popped out of their sockets and her mouth dropped open in pure shock when she saw what she saw. A girl was crouched over the table whereas a man which she recognized to be Mr. Serrano, was bumping his lower part into her repeatedly. Now she was not that naive to not understand what was going on. Freya had told her a thing or two about intercourse. Her cheeks flushed red and her heart started racing with she couldn't recognize what; perhaps embarrassment, nervousness, anxiety as she watched the scene unfolding in front of her naive eyes. She wanted to sprint away but her feet remained rooted to the ground. She could make out their faces due to the soft light that the lamp casted on them.

"Go slow, please," the woman whimpered in pain.

To Ara's horror, the man increased his speed, making the woman cry repeatedly in pain.

She felt pity for the woman, seeing how her features were contorted in excruciating pain as Mr. Serrano continued to knock into her. If not for her face, the agonized whimpers that came from her were the dead giveaway of her suffering.

"Yes..yes..yes..right there," her brows furrowed in confusion. For the life of her, she couldn't understand why was she saying yes when she visibly was in pain.  

The pace turned violent. The woman's moans intensified. The color on Ara's cheeks deepened. The heavy table jerked wildly with their wild movements. She scanned her surrounding. Do they not care about being caught?  How could they do this in the middle of the hall?

"Oh fuck...I think..I am...shit," the woman panted before her shoulder sagged and head dropped onto the table. 

Ara swallowed dry and moved her gaze up to see him. The contrast in their expression was striking. She appeared delirious with pain and pleasure whereas he looked aggravated. Her features were tensed with pleasure whereas he had a scowl plastered across his face. Her eyes were closed whereas his were glaring holes on the floor.  

She drew in a deep breath and decided to flee the spot before any of them caught her snooping on them. She started walking back with quiet steps. And once she was sure, they can't see her, she turned on her heels and dashed towards her room.

Killian raised his gaze the moment she spun. A cunning smirk played across his face as he watched her retreating back.  

He surely had given her something to think about throughout the night.