She walked towards the table that had an opened laptop placed along with a penholder, bowl of ripe red strawberries, and some decorative pieces. There were also few documents spread across the table. She noticed a few lying on the floor by the table. Must have fallen down. She picked them up and placed them back on the table. She also put the paperweight on the pile so it doesn't fall again.       

She spun on her heels only to get a shock of a lifetime when she found him standing right behind her. His unexpected appearance frightened her off. Her hand flew to her chest and her eyebrows rose in surprise. 

He just stared down at her impassively. His hands were buried in his pants pockets and his head was slightly tilted. Only the slight crease of his brows was exhibiting his annoyance at her appearance.  

"Goo..good morning, sir," she stuttered and jumped a step back to put some distance between them. The dent between his brows deepened before he shifted his gaze to the window. It was still dark outside. Ara caught on to that. She closed her eyes, clenched her jaw, and inwardly reprimanded herself for her stupidity. She allowed herself a moment to calm her raging nerves before she opened her eyes.

"I mean, good evening, Sir," his eyes traveled back on her. He didn't react just kept making her uncomfortable with his deep penetrating gaze. She dropped her gaze to avoid looking into his eyes. 

Her heart was racing in her chest and her legs were trembling with nervousness. She fisted her dress with her sweaty hands and willed herself to speak.   

"I..I wanted to apologize for.." she gulped back her nervousness. Words refused to leave her throat but she forced her mouth to open. " we didn't have slightest of the idea that you were coming today. If I knew, I wouldn't have done that. That was just a harmless prank meant for someone else. I am sorry, Sir for today and for that night. It was unintentional," her voice low and shaky.

Her confession was followed by prolonged heavy silence. She felt his eyes drilling holes on her face and that made her even more restless. Her feet were gravitating towards the door. She wanted to dash out of here.   

"I don't like people who get into my room and dare to touch my stuff without my permission. Leave," his voice stern and dry. Her eyes burned with tears when she sensed him stepping around her and walking towards his table. A flare of confidence or rather a desperation overwhelmed her. She turned on her heels to face him.     

"I am sorry for touching your papers. But please, don't fire me. I need this job desperately, sir. I have always given my best foot forward. You can ask anyone. I have never slacked my duties," she pleaded, trying to hold her tears back. 

Killian sat back in his chair and pulled the laptop closer. 

"Shut the door behind you," he stated as he started typing away.

He wasn't listening. She poured out her heart and he didn't show an ounce of care. Tears brimmed her eyes and her lower lip quivered. Her jaws had started to ache as she was struggling to not cry in front of him. But her determination was weakening. Seconds passed, she stayed rooted to her spot, trying to figure out words that would make him listen to her all the while listening to him drumming his keypad. 

"You don't disobey me, girl. Leave before I lose my temper," there was a warning in his eyes.

Instead of leaving she took a step forward. 

"Sir, please, sir..I need this job more than you can imagine," his eyes flipped up to meet hers. 

Her shoulders drooped and her glassy eyes filled with hope and desperation.