"Argh, I hate that thing!" Lyn yelled, holding her injured leg and rolling around dramatically.

"Sorry, Lyn," Cydney said with a chuckle.

"Why are they making you wear it even at home?"

"Well, I'm not allowed to use magic ever again, so I have to wear this... for the rest of my life, I guess." She made a face. "Why? Do you hate it that much? Will you leave me because of this?"

Lyn immediately stopped what she was doing and sat up. Genuine fear and nervousness plastered all over her.

"Never! Cinna, I will never, ever leave you because of this—" She cut herself off when she saw Cydney laughing again. "Okay, you really like teasing me, don't you?"

"Not as much as you love teasing me."

"I don't tease you... that much..."

Despite her grumbling, Lyn still followed Cydney's body cues, moving back to her previous position and allowing Cydney to snuggle back into her arm.

Once again, Cydney relished the warmth of Lyn's body and the smell of her hair. She could hear Lyn's throbbing heart; so deep and so steady, it drowned out the sound of her own heart. Every part of her, inside and outside, was cozy and toasty. It was as if her life finally felt... right.

A question formed in her head; a question she had always wondered, but never asked.

"Lyn, what do you love about me?"

There was a long pause. Cydney waited a while before looking up to see Lyn deep in thought.

When Lyn spoke, her voice was so unlike anything Cydney had ever heard—deep, breathy, solemn, and delivered like a poetry recitation.

"Everything," she said. "I love everything about you. I love how strong you are. You're not strong just because you can fight, mind you. You're strong because you fight, no matter how terrible life gets."

She tapped her fingers at Cydney's forehead. "I love the way you see the world, the way you see the people around you. I love how you see the good in everything, even if they are the trash that is me. I admire you so, so much, Cinna."

Cydney stared at the redhead, dumbfounded and speechless. She wasn't sure what she had been expecting to hear, but it was certainly not this long, heartfelt, and almost lyrical confession.

Pulling her closer, Lyn added, "Also, you're hot as hell, you know that?"

Cydney was already a puddle of warm, flowery tea, but she managed to let out a light giggle. "But I'm not as pretty as you."

"Bullshit. You're the prettiest girl ever and I'm so fucking attracted to you."

"Shut up... And also, you're not trash, don't say that."

Lyn shrugged. "All my exes call me that." She looked at Cydney expectantly. "What about you? What do you love about me?"

Cydney pretended to consider. "Your hair."

Lyn blinked as if doused by a bucket of ice water.

"Huh. To be honest, I didn't think too much about my hair growing up," she admitted as she pulled at her bristles of red, "but I'm- I'm glad you like it." She glanced anxiously at Cydney. "Is that it?"

"Of course not, silly." Cydney chuckled. "You are very strong, very kind, and very sweet. But you do need to keep your flirting under control."

"Argh, you say as though I'm a flirt..."

"You kinda are."

"I am just a very friendly person."

Cydney raised her eyebrows. "Mmhm. So, are you making breakfast, or not?"