0.00

••

 NAOMI BEKELE or more commonly known as nomi was high maintenance

NAOMI BEKELE or more commonly known as nomi was high maintenance. she enjoyed designer things and her favorite hobby was looking pretty and making sure everyone knew it.

she's been labeled as a gold digger but she didn't think that was a fair characterization of herself at all. if men were allowed to be shallow by going after women based on looks why couldn't she do the same by what they have in their pockets.

she didn't just develop this trait in adulthood no, she's been like this since the 9th grade and jackman thomas harlow knew what type of girl she was but that didn't stop him from trying and boy, did he try. no matter how much of a smooth talker he was;nomi just wouldn't give him the time of day.

jack stood back and watched her date rich D1 athletes who had piles upon piles of scholarships to choose from. he even tried out for the basketball team in 10th grade just for her attention. but it all went south when he saw her sitting in the stands of one of his games looking as beautiful as ever with her beautiful brown skin glowing and at the time, her long braids framed her face perfectly. he was so distracted in fact that he received an elbow to the face, instantly breaking his nose.

jack was sent to the nurse and his face fell as he was told he had to wear a nose protection mask for a total of two full weeks. he was so embarrassed the next day when he had to walk around school with the plastic face covering.

jack has always been a very confident and talkative person so him keeping his head down and not talking for the whole school day had all his peers worried.

during lunch urban who was jack's best friend finally decided to see what was up with him, "ay man you good?" jack turned his head to face his friend and simply nodded his head, "i feel stupid as hell but im alright."

"yeah, you look like a wwe villain or sum." urban laughed as jack deadpanned him and covered his hand over his mask.

jack felt urban nudge his shoulder and he shrugged him off which caused him to do it again. "what? gah damn.." his voice trailed off when he saw nomi bekele herself standing in front of him, along with melissa carter.

"jack, right? you okay after last night? number 25 got you pretty good didn't he?"

jack let out a nervous laugh and scratched behind his head. "yeah he did. it didn't hurt that bad though i'm good."

urban leaned forward and reached his hand out for melissa to shake and jack instantly let out a disappointed sigh. "how you doin' melissa?" nomi and meli shared a scoff before walking away from the two boys.

"way to go man." jack said shoving his shoulder.

urban sucked his teeth and chewed on a fry, "man, at least you talked to her."

"i'm gonna make her mine one day." urban couldn't help the laugh that escaped him, "keep dreaming pal." he mocked.

"ight maybe not now but in the future when i make it and i'm on billboards and shit yeah, she's definitely gonna have to be mine then."

"she not messing with you unless you get a couple hundred thou in your pockets."

jack scoffed, slapping a hand on urban's shoulder. "you need to think bigger, brother. i'm gonna be making millions."

urban whistled nodding his head and dapping him up. "and i'm gonna be right there with you."

"wouldn't have it any other way."

•••

•••