Alternate End

Bela clenched and unclenched her fists. A bead of sweat slid from her temple and until now she still didn't know how she could sweat.

She glanced at Ethan who was staring down at his lap, his face tight and still as unsure as before with his hands still holding tight onto the gun also on his lap.

Mia cleared her throat.

"So... We've made an agreement, right? You," she pointed her head at Miranda, "Will take samples of my daughter's DNA and merge it with your own. That's the agreement, right?"

"And trick the megamycete." Ethan continued, glancing up at his wife. She nodded. Bela looked down. She literally didn't want to look at Miranda in the eye after she almost stabbed her with the dagger.

The woman drummed her talons irritably at her own lap as she sat. She nodded curtly as a reply.

Maybe she too didn't want to face any of them after both of their attempted attacks.

They were both lucky Mia had come up with a reasonable idea and stopped them just before they managed to clash with each other. She told them that Chris didn't like the idea but she disregarded him.

The man was standing behind the three of them with his arms crossed, glaring daggers at Miranda. The woman's wings dissipated so she could sit properly without any annoyances.

The silence was unbearable.

But it seems slightly better because Miranda had trusted Mia's explanation earlier enough to let the others in.

Mia happily held her and Ethan's baby, and Miranda just watched from the sidelines with undeniably awkward silence. Bela watched as well, but was far on the side from Miranda. She didn't want to over step the new boundaries between them.

Miranda agreed to try Mia's idea, and even though Mia still didn't trust her with her baby, she let it happen but mostly because it was her idea. Miranda was really straightforward with what she wanted, and didn't want to tolerate the possible failure. Because of her infamous selfishness everyone knew she would gladly kill Rosemary if it had gone wrong.

But Chris promised that he'd actually detonate the village if things go awry once more. And kill Miranda if she actually decided to go for Rosemary.

The Lords were soon informed once Miranda had started. The most surprised one was Karl when he found out she wasn't killed yet. But Ethan calmed him down through the phone through all his insults.

The woman didn't allow any of them to leave until she gets her experiment done and right. That was reasonable since baby Rosie needed her guardians to leave.

The whole time Bela stayed inside the castle, returning to her usual routines before she was allowed outside.

Mia and Ethan were told to stay while Chris reported the Bioweapon soldiers that were sent by the BSAA Europe. Bela treated them like the best of friends they were and kept her feral sisters away. Ethan still didn't like them but Mia managed to deal with it.

A few months later, Miranda finally allowed them to leave with Rose. She didn't tell them if Eva was successfully brought back or not, just let them leave. No one was allowed in her lab except for Bela before so no one could prove anything. Chris did some more thorough check ups before allowing it. They leave, bid their good byes, and Bela is back with her family again, just without any more need to help or experiment due to Miranda's wills.

This day in particular, however, Miranda invites her to her laboratory after long months of disregard.

-----