Start Of A Nightmare

When Bela made it to Louisiana, all she had to do was ask the locals there where the swamp is and they directed her to it without stepping a foot themselves.

Bela didn't know how to feel when she saw the scared faces of the people there when they explained what had been happening.

It turns out they weren't notified of the crash and only knew that one specific home where sounds could be heard.

The Louisiana state police and the local sheriffs tried to investigate, they said, but most of them never came back and the few survivors that were able to leave were sickly and died the next day from their saving.

Bela thanked the locals and walked on a road, leading to an estate.

She stopped when she saw a white car parked a few meters away from the estate's gate.

She made sure to check the license plate. She saw the wind shield dusty.

Bela eyed the surrounding forest and surprisingly, the gate was open. She pushed it further and closed it back, unwilling to meet any more uninvited guests. She was one, after all.

When she entered the first thing she set her eyes on was the entrance to the home.

Somehow, without the waterfall, Bela thinks the place is pretty similar to house Beneviento.

But she knows from the unkept grass that the inside will be far from the Beneviento's.

Bela walks slowly to the door, going through multiple old pillars and creaky wooden steps.

She knocked for safety measures but no one answered.

She felt the wind brush against the back of her neck.

After a few minutes of standing there she figured she should already enter.

-----

Bela pushed the door open and almost immediately, she was greeted with a hand pulling her in by her collar.

It was too fast she couldn't even gasp. She was thrown to the floor and her head hit the ground, hard.

She opened an eye to see who the hell did that to her and saw... An old man.

She tried sitting up only for the man to bend down and grab her by her neck, pulling her up by force.

Due to the panic rising in her chest, she couldn't control her flies and she was met with a disgusting grin.

He pulled Bela higher by her neck, her feet no longer touching the ground while she tried to kick her way out of this.

"Welcome to the family, daughter!"

The man said and then threw Bela across the room, making her back hit the table and everything else in the way, making her hit the wall hard and pass out.

She heard the man snicker and say something to no one before her senses fully shut down.

-----

Bela fluttered her eyes open quickly and woke up tied to a chair.

She looked around and saw another man, also tied up to a chair but passed out.

Bela looked around frantically but her eyes only went to the family talking and eating like she wasnt just thrown across the room.

She looked down and saw that they were eating... Guts. They were eating intestines, livers–everything that's inside a human or an animal, and with oil. Maybe not oil but she can see oily substances messed up around the guts.