When You Feel Human

Bela didn't bother waiting for September because she didn't want to leave the people she met yet.

Her plan isn't strategic at all, rather it's just plain stupid. For humans it's smart, wise even, but for a bioweapon her plan simply just isn't enough.

Her mother wouldn't be proud of her if she found out what Bela was thinking, because her plan consisted of betrayal and hurt.

The hurt won't be so hurt, depending on her relationship with either Mia or Eveline, but she knows they'd most likely feel betrayed. Humans are gullible creatures physically and mentally, after all.

But she knows Eveline isn't human.

Artificially aged babies aren't human. Even Bela isn't human, she was created, not born from a real mother.

But she forgets about it and continues her work. In the office, it's easy to forget reality until you get back home and face your problems again. But that won't affect Bela, her real home is far from where she is now. Nothing in the human world can bring her back to her actual reality.

It's already August and she still has one more month to stay with the humans she has obviously grown fond of these past few months.

Bela isn't looking forward to leaving Eveline and Mia. Leaving Alan is the easiest, during her time there all he was was a sickly-looking old hag that didn't seem to like her. But he's not actually, Mia told her he was the same age as her husband and she's really young, only 28.

She continues her paperwork and gets at least half done before an announcement rung.

'The departure of the SS Anabelle will be rescheduled to early October. I repeat, the SS Anabelle will be rescheduled to depart on early October.'

Thank the heavens.

That's good, now she has more time to hang out in her office and her new friends.

She had forgotten when she started to call Mia a friend, or Eveline, but supposedly that's how humans are.

She doesn't have a heart but she bleeds, surely she also has room in her made-of-blowflies body to feel the warmth of friendship. She doesn't have a heart but she bleeds, so if she has blood even without a heart then surely she can also store friendship in her nonexistent heart?

Her family is cold, because all of them are dead. The only warm she feels back at home is her room and Donna whenever they accidentally brush past each other. Angie is cold, she is porcelain.

She doesn't notice it but currently she's smiling like a child who's father just bought her the whole candy shop.
Sad she doesn't eat sweets.

But really, just the thought of having friends besides her sisters really made her a little giddy. Thats probably why she looked forward to extending the date of the departing.

Now that she thinks about it... Does she still even want to go back home?

Well of course she wants to go back! She misses her hunts with Cassandra and Daniela!

...but does she really?

She doesn't have a center in her mind, so she can multitask and do multiple things all at once. Her and her sisters are that way because even though they have their own personalities, their flies also do too. Their flies have minds of their own, and those little creatures are the ones under their biology so they basically have all those tiny little minds fused with theirs.

Now that she thinks about it again, maybe that's what Miranda's trying to study with her flies? Maybe, but Mother Miranda isn't that predictable. Right?