Calm Before The Storm

Today, Bela demolished her new constructed heart the day before.

It didn't hurt, unsurprisingly, and when she cut herself by accident later that afternoon no blood came out.

That's good.

But the problem is she had to gather all her courage to actually do it and destroy her new organ.

Good thing it didn't hurt because if it did she'd be vomiting that same blood from last time.

Anyways, today she planned on not talking to Mia and only concentrate on her piling paperwork from Miranda.

The more paperwork she gets the more she regrets having the immunity.

She also didn't plan on visiting Eveline today either and so far, everything had been a lot better since yesterday.

Her not talking to Mia actually proved pretty well as Mia was also busy with other children to be created into other bioweapons.

When it leaves her tongue it sounds so normal but actually, it's really not. Nothing about that is normal at all.

But today things are much, much better than the last and no new organs suddenly came to her. More like inside of her...

She shakes her head for the first time this day. That's a bad thought no matter how innocent it actually means.

She puts her pen in the pen holder as she laid her head on her desk.

She's bored.

She should probably approach someone now... It's getting too uneventful. But to be honest she would prefer it'd be uneventful than have the ship depart early.

She shrugs. There's no point in saying that kind of thing now.

She carries her head off the table and instead leans on her back, her weight now on the chair.

She thinks back to what happened yesterday.

'I think mommy lied to me.'

That single sentence is so creepy for some reason. Bela doesn't want to think about it but she can't help but wonder.

Is Eveline crazy?

She had no reason to refute her own suspicion.

Instead she stood up again and walked out the room. She needs a break.

She doesn't smoke, unlike her mother, so that's out of the question. Smoke only makes her flies go crazy.

Cassandra tried it once and right after she started to sing, and her voice sucked. It was as if she was screaming... After that mother forbade her to enter her room for any reason other than when she wants to.

She chuckles at the memory. She misses her family but at the same time she's more free here, no Miranda other than the not-so-frequent phone calls every now and then.

Everything's been fine, so far. Key word: so far.

She knows nothing lasts forever, humans are the main example for that.

They are vulnerable, gullible, and can be easy to control even without strange mold powers. But even control doesn't last for an eternity, unlike bioweapons depending on the biology they were given.

Bela and the Lords are the main example of eternity and immortality. They all live for as long as the world if no one kills them purposely. And none of them are easy to kill, mind you.

But compared to other monsters or bioweapons, the ones created by Mother Miranda actually have morals and aren't always brutal for no reason.

And even though Bela and her sisters are overgrown mosquitos, they are also taught manners and respect, which is why they can't just suddenly disrespect their mother in front of her. They'd literally be kicked out if they did, anyway, and they need the castle for warmth.

She never thought sneaking out a during cold would grant her any special ability.

She's just some blonde-haired vampire that comes and goes whenever she pleases... Even though she's the most reasonable one among her sisters.

...although recollecting during her break won't do her any good. It would only waste the only time she can leave her desk without getting screamed at by the division head. God, she just wishes she can rip that head to shreds. Hey! That rhymed!

Bela shook her head of the childish thought. She leaned on another wall of a mostly secluded hall.

That rhymed again!

...sorry, Bela just wants to forget she can now have her flies make her human organs that's not digestive.

She wishes she can just suddenly fly home and bam, she's with her family again and she can fly back to work the next day.

Sadly, it's just not that easy.

Well, at least she tried wishing.

But that won't come true. This month and September would probably be torture because she doesn't know what to expect.

Mother Miranda is unpredictable and Bela knows it's her that's planned this.

She sighs as she gets off the wall and buys a cola from the nearby vending machine.

She drinks it, and it tastes nothing like blood. But she drinks and tries to forget its only calm for now.

She gagged when she finally finished half of the can before throwing it on the garbage only beside the vending machine.

She walks away and back to her paperwork.

She'll just have to wait until the storm arrives in her temporarily peaceful life.