Welcome to Brandy Creek (Part 8)

Natalie

Once you turn its a long road with forest on either side of us until I see a sign. Brandy Creek Campground. Not to far from that we drive up to what looks like a makeshift gate, something they haven't had a chance to work on long. Its clear though that for what ever reason they had started the process of building a gate and a wall.

The wall its self doesn't look to crazy, maybe around five to six feet tall, chain link fence. But I can see the little yellow tabs on top indicating its electrified. The gate its self is large and looks like it can swing in our out. Something is in between the gate and fence, so when I see a man grab it, it doesn't shock him. I'm not sure how electric fences work, other then they hurt.

It doesn't look like much here, just a small shack that I would guess is a guard post for the gate. To the left the road splits off, the fence curving with the road into the forest. The fence follows a bit to the right of the road, until it curves off into the forest like on the other side but there is no road. I follow Casey as she follows Wyatt.

Not to far from the left road is another, this one gravel and I get a hint of a large cabin with 4-wheelers outside of it and a boat on a trailer. Not farther down there's walk way to the left and right, a hiking crossing sign. Everything is covered by dense trees, and I've only seen two guards at the gate. It makes me nervous with all the hiding spots there are here.

We keep driving, where it finally opens up to a clearing and to a four way intersection. To the left there's a small parking lot. To the right it looks like there's a stable with a few tiny horses on one side and on the other are three medium sized trailer homes. Wyatt takes a left here and I follow in our caravan what I didn't notice before is the cluster of buildings behind the parking lot.

To the left the parking lot is a U shape, one he pulls into a parking space as close as he can to the building. There's a man at the front of everything, a women in maybe her fifty's behind them.

Its clear its a man and his mother, both with dirty blond hair and a tall build. I would call the women willowy, where I would say the man has a model body. Larger shoulders with a trim waist. If it wasn't for the army fatigues and short cropped hair, I would have pegged him as a model or maybe a wanna be actor.

Casey doesn't bother parking, the passenger door opens and the man and women run to it. He takes out the toddler and holds the sobbing toddler to him, the older women with him is also sobbing. As I parked I debated on not getting out, I hated crying people, I never knew what to do. Wyatt gets out of the hummer along with the minis and they run to the man and women.

Jesus.

Letting out a sigh I take the key out of the truck and open the door sliding out. I walk over slowly, to the blue sedan as Casey and Gloria let themselves out. Before I know it I have a teen girl wrapped around my waist. It was easy for her considering we are similar heights.

"Th-Thank you." Her voice is broken, but no more tears are coming out of her eyes. I pat her back. She pulls away and I give her shoulder a squeeze.

"Sorry not used to hugs." I say and she lets out a strangled laugh.

"Wyatt." A man's voice calls. Wyatt's head perks up from the huddle, the tall blond shoves his shoulder towards the new comers. Casey goes to take his place hugging the family and I could see her mouth moving a mile a minute. I roll my eyes at that.

I refocus over to the men who just joined us. One is about the same age as the willowy women, he has dark features, with a slight golden tanned skin and gray hair at his temples. He's who Wyatt embraces. I'm guessing uncle or dad. Probably uncle. He was handsome like Wyatt, but Wyatt was more boyish charm. This older guy is more 'I've done my time' type of handsome.