The Courthouse (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I'm pulled away from him and I let out a loud full laugh freezing the people around us. That's not something they expected, but it just makes me throw back my head in laughter. There was a guy in a expensive suit watching me from outside the courthouse, I'm being shoved into a cop car and more then likely will be in jail for the rest of my life.

Good luck to that guy if he wants to try to kill me in prison.

I'm kept in my jail cell, yes all to myself. This is what they consider super max, for people who can't really be put with other prisoners. I've been told if I play nicely for the next six months I might be moved down to just regular max. As it stands, I have my own room, I have to be chained up before I leave my room and I can't really go anywhere without guards trailing me around.

No privacy. None.

I heave out a long sigh huddling in my uniform shirt that's a few sizes to large, and the thin rough blanket. I might like cold temperatures, but here its not just cold temperatures, its the chill the concrete and steel gives off along with the stale air that barley moves in this section of the prison. Though I don't know if its like this in the other cells or not. I haven't been in them, I'm limited to this area, and the yard which I rarely get to go into.

Curling to my side facing away from the thick steel door I drift off to sleep.

Lights rouse me from sleep, noises of someone walking down the hall with something jingling. This is the only time I wish I wasn't a light sleeper, any noise or shift in air around me wakes me.

Laying their in the cool cell, sun shining in through the large barred window across the isle from my cell. Shoes squeak on the floor as a guard gets farther down the isle. "Rise and shine lady's!"

This elects some groans from the few women in other cells. "Get up and to the back of your cells!" She has to yell from the hall to be heard through the thick cell doors. This is the one guard, the chunky tan one with a pinched face. I don't remember most of their names, because I can't find a fuck to give. "Knees on the floor, hands on head!"

This has only happened twice, they make everyone wait in this position for what seems like hours while they cuff and escort women out of their cells. Its a shake down, looking for something in our cells. I slip out of bed and do as the nice guard says, pressing my forehead to the wall. I wanted to get out of the stale cell and put in with other prisoners.

At least then I would have something to do.

Waiting for what seems like forever guards storm my cell, as many as they can fit in with me. I'm quickly cuffed, wrists and ankles then hauled up to my feet and all but dragged out of my cell. They are a little more rough this morning and it makes me question things as I'm pulled through halls and doors. Way past the normal areas I'm allowed in, all the way through to a room that has a sign that says clothing.

"What am I doing here?" I question and all I get is a head shake as the guard on my left knocks on the door.

It opens to a shorter blond guard, rather pretty just about to hit 30 I would guess. She nods to them in a silent okay. They leave and she waves me in. "I have a set of clothes for you."

"I don't understand?" I question her, no one had spoken to me after the courthouse.

"From what I know you didn't have a bail before." I nod at that, the charges of who and what I was were to great for the judge to take a chance on me. "Someone changed the judges mind, he set your bail and its been paid. The one who paid your bail is on the way, they wanted to explain things to you."

She pulls a bag of clothes out, putting it on the table in the room before she uncuffs me and leaves the room. I know there are cameras in here so I can't take anything that isn't mine.

The bag is large and heavy, everything I was wearing when the swat team had ambushed me that night I was arrested. I pull out my jeans, one large whole on both legs that go from mid-thigh to mid-calf. My shirt is a black off the shoulder long sleeve that's form fitting, my underwear, strapless bra, socks, the hat and sunglasses I was wearing. Then one of my favorite things, five inch black heel booties. I learned to do everything in these, sure it had something to do with the fact that I am 4 foot 10. Its been a touchy subject ever since I hit my peak and never grew again.

My purse was in here, along with a plastic bag that contained everything that was in my purse. My makeup, phone and phone charger. Along with a few odds and ends every women has in their purse. I don't bother trying my phone, if its been sitting on a shelf this long I doubt it would be working. I quickly strip and change into my clothes, shove everything into my purse as the door slowly opens.

The guard is there, peeking in to make sure I'm dressed, nods and holds the door open for me. I could feel her tension as I pass her, but if I was getting out of here I'm not going to ruin it by hurting the guard for no reason.

So I follow her down the white halls and concrete floors, my heels making soft clacking on the floor.