Chapter 9

Skye rode back to the Authority with a flustered mind, to think that she was so close to finding Midas, to think that-"It was him..." Skye realized. "He must have almost fell out of the tree! then the branch fell! But...the squirrel...and then the What sound, that was him, but again, the crow..." Skye thought out loud. "Ollie." She said, "The crow and the squire was Ollie. Why does Midas have Ollie? I gave her to Oro...." Skye ended her thoughts with the conclusion that Oro had sent Ollie to Midas and now Midas was holding Ollie hostage, she was partly right, but she didn't realize that Midas actually cared about her, If he didn't he would be holding Ollie hostage, Midas knew what Ollie meant to Skye.

Skye got back to the Authority a little later. "Where's Jules?" Skye asked Ocean, Ocean shrugged. Skye new where Jules was, at least she had a suspicion. Skye crept down the halls and halted at the door of Midas' office which was now Jules' office, Skye stood to the side and pressed her hand against it to open it. Skye peered into the room, no one was there. Skye walked into the office, it looked different now, Jules had opened all the drapes and put plants on the window sills, it looked nice. It was also cluttered with tools. Skye walked farther into the room, noticing that the drapes that hid the device where closed. Skye walked to the secret door and pressed it open, to Skye's surprise she heard clinking. Jules was down here. Skye crept down the stairs and hid behind a plant. Jules was fixing the device! "No...." Skye said quietly.  Jules brushed sweat from her forehead, "Ohm, hand me the wrench?" She asked her mechanical owl. The owl flew over and gave her the wrench. Skye stood up, "Jules." Jules whisked around, "Its fake!" She blurted. "no its not." Skye snapped. "What do you mean." Jules asked. "Midas used this machine to flood the island, do you plan on flooding it more?"  "How do you know these things?" Jules asked. Skye didn't answer. "answer me." Skye demanded.  "Midas' device didn't work, he did it to early and someone interfered." Jules said. "Who interfered." Skye asked. "Um, a child her name was...Skye." Jules said.

Skye sat outside the Authority by a tree, she sighed and took off her helmet. Skye put her head in her hands and started to sob. "Why, why." Skye cried. "Why...I...I wish...I wish that everything c-could be normal." She cried. "Midas betrayed me..." "He took Ollie..." Skye wailed. It then occurred to her that she shouldn't be crying so loudly so close to the authority, anyone could hear.

The shadow henchman with the mini gun walked around the agency to see The Eternal Knight walking to a tree, she sat down behind it and took off her helmet, her brown hair fell to her shoulders. The henchman walked closer, to see her put her head in her hands and sob, "Why, why." The girl sobbed. The henchman stepped closer, "Why...I...I wish...I wish that everything c-could be normal." She cried. "Midas betrayed me..." The henchman's eyes widened, Midas? then this was...."He took Ollie..." Skye wailed. The henchman rushed off, leaving his post and dropping his mini gun, he needed to find Midas, but where would he be? The Henchman halted, he knew exactly where he would be, the only remaining marigold flower patch.

Midas sat in the field of poppy marigolds, his hair hung over his face and his eyes full of sadness, he felt helpless. Why would Skye believe him? And he knew that Jules would be rebuilding the device, she would 100% forget a piece that could change everything, something to stabilize the machine, if she didn't add it-Midas' thoughts where interrupted by the sound of footsteps, his eyes wide, he slowly stood up. Then he bolted. He ran as fast as he could, as far as he could, he looked behind him to see the Shadow henchman running after him. "Midas!" The man called. Midas did not stop, "Midas!" He called again. Midas ran. Midas skitted to a stop before he fell to his death off the cliff. Midas stood stiffly and slowly turned around, eyes full of fear. "Midas." The henchman said again. "I-I-I...I...Um, I-I was...I'm not-" Midas stammered. "Geez, Midas, you okay? I've never seen you not able to think some lie up...." The henchman said. "How do you know me." Midas said. "Is that Ollie?" The henchman asked. Midas looked down at his tie. "Skye said you stole Ollie from her." "H-How...Skye?" Midas stammered. The henchman sighed and took of his mask. Midas sighed the biggest sigh of relief in history at the sight of the face that was behind the mask. "Sorry...I...Um...probably should of realized it was you...." Midas said laughing awkwardly. "No Brutus. I did not take Ollie."

A FEW MONTHS AGO, BEFORE BRUTUS "DIED"
"There will certainty be risks in this plan, but Skye has figured everything out too quickly, I have estimated how much time we have wrong." Midas said. "So, what do we do?" Brutus asked. Midas sighed, "I will lose...." "No, you can't say that." Brutus said gruffly. "No, it is inevitable." Midas said. "But this is just a battle, I will win the war. " Midas smiled, not a sweet smile, but a evil smile that you could just tell he was planning things. "I need you to die." "What?!?!" Brutus exclaimed. "Fake your death. Make a fake body and pretend to drown, they will find your body and claim you dead. Then disguise as a henchman for Shadow and keep an eye on my daughter." Midas said. "Your crazy Midas, but Okay, I will." Brutus said.

PRESENT TIME
"Do you know where she is?" Brutus asked. "Yes." Midas snarled. "hey, I thought a shark ate you." Brutus recalled. "A mere shark cannot kill me-although I think I may now have a phobia of sharks-but that doesn't matter." Midas said. Brutus laughed, "You are going to hate this but..." "What?" Midas inquired. "You want to talk to Skye right? Well disguise as a henchman too, then you can talk to her." Brutus said, folding his arms. "Fine." Midas said, realizing it was the only way.

Remember to vote! :) Also, listen to AURORA!!!!